Am I the only one who finds battles between tanky teams interesting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimensionist

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
I mean, I just played a great match where 2 teams of Tanky DPS and tanks went at it for about 45 minutes. What was cool was that battles actually lasted a while, but weren't pokefests.

In my opinion, fights between kite/poke teams are disappointing because one side usually just keeps taking damage until the fight is called off due to attrition. Fights between very bursty teams just happen too fast. But fights between tanky teams feature two sides going at it for a while where long-term thinking and skill prevail.

What do you think?
I find them about as interesting as watching a team of five sorakas fight a team of five sorakas

Aranneas

Recruiter

02-23-2011

I can imagine a sense of despair creeping in pretty easily. The course of a teamfight is probably going to be decided relatively early on by which team focuses better; however, it's not going to be evident immediately which way that goes, and by the time you realize you're on the losing end it's probably going to be pretty hard to back out with the likely amount of CC spam going around. You're stuck playing out a foregone conclusion. This tends to not be fun for a lot of people.

Skaliton

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByakuyaYO View Post
Me and my friends did an arranged team with 5 tanks before (not tank dps, pure tank)

It was awesome, we lost on kills but won the game because we could fight under turrets with no fear. Their team could kill 1 of us in the time it took us to take the tower, hilarious

League blog for those interested: http://riotoflegends.blogspot.com/
can you quite with the forum blog on every single post it is uncalled for

Rooster Raiden

02-23-2011

Tank Veigar is viable.