Am I the only one who finds battles between tanky teams interesting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doriantv

02-23-2011

I mean, I just played a great match where 2 teams of Tanky DPS and tanks went at it for about 45 minutes. What was cool was that battles actually lasted a while, but weren't pokefests.

In my opinion, fights between kite/poke teams are disappointing because one side usually just keeps taking damage until the fight is called off due to attrition. Fights between very bursty teams just happen too fast. But fights between tanky teams feature two sides going at it for a while where long-term thinking and skill prevail.

What do you think?

ByakuyaYO

02-23-2011

Me and my friends did an arranged team with 5 tanks before (not tank dps, pure tank)

It was awesome, we lost on kills but won the game because we could fight under turrets with no fear. Their team could kill 1 of us in the time it took us to take the tower, hilarious

League blog for those interested: http://riotoflegends.blogspot.com/

Turrets are OP

02-23-2011

Depends on the Champions. Most are just slow and spammy like fights with Mundo and Morde.

Gummibear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2011

I love it when the fights last a while, I feel like I have more opportunities to influence the result. The cool thing is, if both teams pick a balanced team comp and have good supports and coordination, you can have this without picking 5 tanky champs.

Doriantv

02-23-2011

Well, Mundo is more of a kite champ, since the Cleaver slow is brutal. But yeah, he's also pretty tanky.

The champs in my game were:
Udyr/Ryze/Maokai/Sivir/Taric
Irelia/Rammus/Renekton/Cho'Gath/Veigar

Each side had 4 champs with tanky builds.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2011

I imagine as you get higher up in ranked most games are more like this as people actually build survivability and play as a proper team?
Glass cannon building noobs decide team fights by dying instantly more than anything else.

AnyOtherEnemy

02-23-2011

Dota is a snowball game. Think of the entire game as one long term thought out fight. When a team gets romped in bursty team fight, it's almost always simply because the rest of the game they've been lagging behind and/or out farmed and out played.

If it's a longer battle against tanky DPS types, it's only longer because of the large amount of hit point and resistance items they buy. The team who has snowballed into higher HPs and higher resistances will win. I don't think "strategy" plays a bigger role in a right click fest than it does in a 5 second burst battle.

PureWaterishere

02-23-2011

When two shens collide, when two blitzcranks grab each other

Pentarctagon

02-23-2011

tank teams don't decide who wins by the nexus getting destroyed. THEY HAVE STARING CONTESTS

Doriantv

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
I imagine as you get higher up in ranked most games are more like this as people actually build survivability and play as a proper team?
Glass cannon building noobs decide team fights by dying instantly more than anything else.
True.

In ranked games, I often see players who build BVeils on their carries, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't take a genius to figure out BVeil is a great item, especially since it's in the recommend build items for practically all carries.