QuickSilver Sash vs Malhazar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jCkD4Ni3L

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2011

I just had the most funny game ever. 3v3, vs Malhazar... Was playing Xin Zhao. Dunno if many of you have tried this but it's just too convenient. Buy QuickSilver Sash and just Break out of Malzahar's Ult and watch for his reaction when he realize he can't do anything. I killed him over and over just by breaking free of it eatch time he used it. With a 60s cooldown (wich is shorter than Malzahar's ult), it is the PERFECT item to give Malzahar a run for it hehe.

Cheers !

Dakkas

02-23-2011

Old news. QSS breaks Morde and WW's ults as well. It's basically Cleanse before nerfs

SynergyDreamer

02-23-2011

And a lot of people overlook this item. Cheers!

jCkD4Ni3L

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkas View Post
Old news. QSS breaks Morde and WW's ults as well. It's basically Cleanse before nerfs
Maybe old news, but like Synergy said, it's often overlooked... a reminder here and there isn't a bad idea :P

mr maiii

Recruiter

02-23-2011

QSS provides less utility in summoner's rift unless you're a carry.

Dakkas

02-23-2011

It's overlooked because it doesn't add BIG DOMOGE LIKE MY 5 PHANTOM DANCERS or it doesn't add BIG HEALTH LIKE WARMOGS ON CHO

ZXPrototype

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSwagBeast View Post
QSS provides less utility in summoner's rift unless you're a carry.
This. Unless the enemy team comp is WW, malz, pantheon, lux, shen. (basically everyone on team has stun+people containing suppression.) Than the QSS will seem like quite the expensive item.

On top of that, banshees is more convenient, provides health, and doesn't need to be activated.

ReD CL0uD

05-11-2011

Bump: does this still break you out of his ult?

ForeverLaxx

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarf5 View Post
Bump: does this still break you out of his ult?
Yes it does, and probably always will. QSS exists to counter CC, and currently it's the only item that halts all "suppression" abilities when you remember to use it. I don't forsee this item going anywhere or the abilities changed to ignore it as it completely defeats the purpose of this item. The reason they stopped letting Cleanse/Merc Treads work against them is they were free in the case of Cleanse, and Merc Treads are such a common item choice that these champions often had no ultimate to speak of -- effectively fighting with 3 abilities that aren't designed to work without an ultimate supplimenting them.

Personally, I wish Nasus's Wither got some kind of treatment with regards to Merc Treads (and the other "tenacity" items now, for that matter) since like these ultimates, Wither is adversely affected by it.

Also, necro post.

Arisulane

05-11-2011

Yes.