(OPEN RP) Please read. The Tiamat of Valoran!

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delmegar

02-23-2011

This is something I just wanted to throw out there for fun. I thought of it last night and would appreciate any and all to join in and contribute as they see fit.

Primarily this is about a beast called Tiamat, a dark dragon with unholy magic in its blood, capable of corrupting the living and decaying the world. It is for you all as your own made up characters to grow in strength however you see fit, within reason, and to find the Tiamat. The creature is based in one specific location that is in the map of valoran, though he does tend to wander quite far to feed.

A small group of wanderers sit at a table in a Demacian bar. By the looks of them they are all fortune chasers and mercenaries. And by the looks of it, all had met a great deal of misfortune.

"I don't understand it.. I thought the most dangerous beast in Valoran was the Baron Nashor." Said a grizzly man, taking a swig of ale. "That bloody beast has been popping up all over and not one **** mage can tell me what it is."

An older gentleman sitting across from him in a worn grey robe glared at him, "You listen here, you whiny little twit. That thing was never hear before! We have never seen its like on Runeterra, not that I know of." He pointed a wand at the much larger man. "Besides. It hasn't come anywhere near this city yet. When it does i'll send it back with its tail blown to pieces!"

A couple of the other men laughed at that. One who may have been a Demacian soldier nudged him in the ribs with his elbow, "Who are you kidding, Paulis? That old hand me down wand of yours is as useless as a dried up twig. And you're about as smart as one!"

For several minutes the men argued and laughed, joking about the strange creature that had been appearing in rumors all over the continent. After a while they all gave up the topic and sank into their ale, quiet and melancholy, wondering how they could bag such a beast.

"The beast is to the south. Far from here in dangerous lands." A new man had appeared without any of them noticing. He was hiding behind a great suit of crimson plate armor and a narrow helment with wings on each side. On his breast was a sigil of a dark dragon with a sword piercing it.

"Who the hell're you? Mind yer business." The first man said.

"If you want to find it, you will have to travel long and hard with the aid of men greater than yourselves. This beast is no ordinary one. It is born of a dragon but it is men that have made it so evil and powerful. It feeds off of the living and the dead, its touch corrupts the very land it walks upon. The Tiamat is its name and its lair is a blighted ruin. Come to me when you feel you are ready, only I will tell you when you are."

Delmegar

02-23-2011

From far above, the Tiamat watches a family walking their horse down a long, lonely road. They, like the horse, are frail and tired. The people are likely going to sell the animal to make it just a little bit longer.

The giant drake swoops down, its large barbed wings folded behind its back. At the last moment it pulls up, but not before it sinks its claws into the horses back. The animal cries out, the family too, but for naught. In one powerful motion, the Tiamat tears the horse in two, spilling its insides all over the family and quickly devours its upperhalf.

Terrified, they run from the great dragon, screaming, holding one anothers hands and hoping that their hold would be enough. And again, he swoops down, this time landing in front of them.

He looks at the frozen family with hungering yellow eyes. For several seconds, none of them dare move even to breathe. His visage was terrible indeed: a giant black dragon with torn blood spattered wings, two almost human like arms with vicious claws, a long, bulky head filled with black fangs and poisonous barbs. The dragon was somewhat slimmer at the bottom, favoring a very powerful top. Its tail was long and filled with the same cruel barbs that were fixed on its skull.

The youngest of the boys, no more than 6, cried out for just half a moment. Long enough for the Tiamat to let out an violent shriek, it's tongue moving like a snake. And then he lunged forward, his wings shadowing over the entire family, blocking the bloody mess.

Maragonn

04-20-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/572

For weeks the mercenary artifact hunter has been hearing talk about some strange flying beast ravaging Valoran. Normally, he would not investigate talks such as this. But this one for some reason sparked an interest. Perhaps because some had told him it was a dragon and they were known to hoard valuable treasures. Something he was very keen on.

The most recent reports of this beast came from Demacia. And so, that was where he went. Several of his fellow Noxians were also travelling to their rival city, presumably for the same purpose. He himself preferred the solitude. If need be he only required the companionship of one of his loyal Puppets. They were the best to travel with. They protected him and didn't speak very often at all.

By this time, the rumors have been confirmed for the most part. Still though, if possible he would like for someone to hire him for this endeavor before he chose to go chasing after it. If they ended up being some fabrication then he wanted to earn something for his troubles. He suspected that would not be difficult to find in Demacia. Cowards that they were.

"Excuse me, Puppeteer?" A travelling peasant said from behind.

"What do you want?" Damian Akre was not fond of people by any means. He found them dishonest and bothersome to be around. They had so many faults unlike his Puppets. To him, they were perfect. Especially now after he further improved his craft.

The man shyed back slightly from the Puppeteer's gaze. His reputation proceeded him. "I was just checking, sir.. Sorry.. I, uh, to see if you were really him. People tell stories about you all the time but I never thought i'd meet you. Are you chasing-"

Damian put up his hand to hault the nervous man. He just wanted to get to the city, get a nice warm meal and a bath. Then find out about this dragon. "We still have not met. And yes, I am Damian the Puppet Master. Now continue on your way. I expect that you and I have little to discuss." The peasant gave him a rather rude hand gesture and continued to walk away. Just as Damian preferred.

qp90cCFB9dwjorRT

04-20-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/573

"Mother, it's a disgrace to go hunting after mindless beasts! I've been trained by Sir Garen and his best warriors for years to fight alongside them against Noxus." Alexander, a Demacian youth, barked his mother. "Why would you suggest I go hunt the beasts of thhe land? What honor is there in that? What will that do for our family name?"

His mother, a beautiful women. Tall with beautiful olive skin, black hair tied neatly in a bun. Wearing an elegant blue dress, matching sapphire earrings and a golden locket. She stared at her son, emotionless for a short moment. The Lady Mercel was measuring his worth, as she and everyone else had done his entire life. "It may not mean much to you, son. But think about it for a moment before you run your mouth. If you kill this dragon, or whatever it is. Then the military will thank you for the service because they did not have to take care of the matter. This will earn you some measure of favor among them."

"Also, if you slay the beast. The people will love you because they feel safe knowing the beast no longer plagues us. They will be able to travel safely." The women was more of a political figure suited for the halls of Noxus then Demacia. She had a slippery nature and always saw the underhanded side to plots. Manipulation was what she was good at.

Alexander hated to be spoken to so bluntly. He was the son of a great Demacian officer. His mother only married in to the name. But her words did have value, as usual. " So then, by killing this creature. Our people vill view me as a valiant savior and will reward me with their trust. With that, perhaps they will allow me a position in the military as an officer finally. Then I will be able to go fight Noxus and gain revenge for father." He grinned and combed his hair through his short dark hair.

She smiled back at him and sipped a glass of wine from her seat by the fireplace. "You're catching on. I know these people are beneath us but you must mingle with them to learn more. I'm afraid the nobles and politicans do not invest much in rumors. For the publics sake, you see. So, go. And learn what you need to know. After that, return and we will plot our course of action, Alexander."

He nodded in agreement. The idea of socializing with the peasants was irksome. Necessary though. Until now, Alexander had not thought of this as being like Prince Jarvan's adventure, but it was just the same. He would come back a better fighter with more of a reputation. This was the break he needed.

Neonir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/360

Navorn Lytt stood, motionless in the expanding evening shadow of a distant mountain, his black clothes melding into the darkness of his surroundings. looking at the surroundings in disdain, he disliked this area of Valoran, it was far too open for his taste. The closest thing to cover was the mountain shadow he was hiding in. The idea of which repulsed him.

He observed the dark figure that flew above him in sadness, still slick with the blood of it's latest kill. As he watched, he spoke solemnly and quietly to himself "What have they done to you?". Looking upon the dragon, he thought back to his first experience with one, it was a mere child, and it had already been affected by the taint of the humans. Speaking again, "Fear not my friend" He paused. "I will relieve you of your suffering, one way, or another" He continued to watch as it flew directly overhead, letting a single drop of blood fall.

Waiting for the drop to reach him, he suddenly reached out, catching it on the end of his finger. "This will save some time." he said, pulling out a ceremonial dagger out of his coat, then letting the blood drip, again, onto the tip of the blade. Navorn then turned the blade to point at the ground, and once again, the blood fell, this time however, the blood hit the ground, and sank in, spreading slowly.

As the blood spread, the ground around it began to turn black, and in time, a dark circle, about a meter in diameter, had formed. The black pulsated, and rippled much like water, at the same time, it seared with head, and small blue flames flickered on it's surface. Stepping into the circle, Navorn began to sink, knowing of his destination, a small, out of the way Demacian bar where he would meet a small group of misfits, hunters and mercenaries.

Just as he was about to sink into the darkness in full he heard the shriek of the dragon, which had just found it's next prey.

Appearing in in an alleyway nearby the bar, he looked about carefully. He did not have much luck when it came to Demacia, upon sight, he would instantly bring about suspicion in even the most unperceptive of Demacian guards.

When he was sure he was safe, he began to make his way to his destination, unknowing of the other warriors who also were arriving to embark on such a quest.

LordHippoman

Recruiter

04-20-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/574

(We at it again? Tiamat, wonder if we'll have to restore the Wind Orb... Love to join in.)

The strangest sight at the bar was the robot pouring pint after pint of drink into it's oral receptors, prompting a loud cry from the audience. "CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!"

Once finished, the robot placed his glass directly back unto the beer stained bar. "Thank you for your services. Analysis complete." With an odd gait, the robot began to walk towards the old man in the corner. "Analyzing Conversation", it announced to noone in particular. The metallic man had attracted the odd stares of a few bystanders, but few took vested interest.

It looked like a mannequin, but with a metallic sheen and a small tube on it's mouth. It was stained with Demacian brew at the moment. The information flew in. Tiamat. Monster. Exploration. Party Needed.

CC-YZ strode up to the mercenary talking to the old man, as well as the Noxian.

"Greetings. My name is CC-YZ. I am 97% sure this will be beneficial information to my continued growth, and 89% sure it will not result in my imminent destruction. Thus, I am 93% sure I wish to join you. Do you accept?"

Maragonn

04-21-2011

LordHippo, to whom are you addressing about the old man and Noxian? I thought for a moment you meant my character. As far as I know, I am the only one from Noxus so far.)

The rest of the trip proceeded rather uneventfully. And with no further interruption from the fellow travellers, Damian was as happy as he was going to get under the circumstance. That was not saying much.

Upon reaching the glorious Demacian city; the Puppeteer realized he was not going to enjoy this stay. The sooner he was hired the better. The streets were bustling with all sorts of busy bodies and chatty civilians. Not to mention crawling with guards every few feet. He was not a criminal but Demacians even sometimes found treasure hunters questionable. Especially Noxian treasure hunters that may have stolen a trinket or two from the white city.

A small crowd had gathered outside a nearby pub. They were all whispering to one another as a pair of guards discussed a man in black. He was not a simple wanderer. That much was evident by his attire and genuine disinterest in drawing attention to himself. The two had that in common. Knowing how much it bothered him, Damian chose to not bother the suspicious traveller and instead enter the pub.

"Water. Thank you." Damian told the barkeep upon entering. Things happened fast here in Demacia. Over in the corner he spotted a strange group of men and a robot. The robot was speaking in a loud but intelligent voice that showed a measure of comprehension. It was speaking about the Tiamat.

He accepted the water, graciously. The travels made him feel somewhat parched and alcohol was not to his liking. It impaired his judgement to much. "Excuse me.. Um, sir? Robot. What do you know of this Tiamat? I never heard its name until now but I am certain you can only be speaking of the dragon that has been terrorizing Valoran. It is to my understanding that there may be some sort of bounty on the creature. I, however, am not a bounty hunter. I'm a mercenary. My business is done through contracts. Tell me more of the beast and waht concern it is to a autonomous being, such as yourself."

Damian was not very good with talking to people, he sometimes realized. Still, sometimes life was boring to simply run about the continent on missions alone.

Delmegar

04-21-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/575

Thatmuz, the Dragonbane, left the bar using a recall spell. It teleported him far away to some ruins on one of the Ionian Isles. Here in his sanctuary away from both man and nature; Thatmuz can wait patiently for times such as these. It was by no means a comfortable home but he was by no means an ordinary person.

This was the not the first time a beast like the Tiamat came into being. None have ever been quite as foul though. The last he fought was not so powerful that it can corrupt the world with its touch. It was evidence that mankind was truly becoming a cruel, hopeless race. It sickened him to think he had human blood in his veins.

Instead of the dragon simply destroy the world and eventually, Thatmuz. He decided to see if the inhabitants of this world could fend for themselves against this terror. It seemed unlikely to him. He wasn't even sure that he was able to kill it.

Before he vanished from the pub, he left a message on the table with some mercenaries. It read, "To stop the Tiamat, you must all gather together and muster your collective strengths. No one individual will bring down the manifestation of mankind's sins. You will need to become stronger; both physically and mentally to stand a hope. How you go about this is up to you - but do it together. When I feel you are ready I will allow you entrance to my home in the Ionian Isles. For your own safety: do not seek me out or the Tiamat."

Neonir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2011

As he passed through the crowds, Navorn was glad his disincentive ward was as effective as it was, the people would see him, acknowledge him, and often be suspicious of him, but so long as he didn't bring direct attention to himself, no one would actually interact with him. The ward worked through it's control over peoples minds, it drained energy from the wearer, dulled the senses slightly, to do so, it has to be in contact with the wearers skin. It caused caused all who saw the wearer to keep their distance through a mix of fear, awe, respect and embarrassment.

As he looked forward towards the bar, he saw a man in orange robes, already walking inside, he knew the man had seen him, but the man did not murmur, nor did he double take, as most men do when they saw Navorn, he simply turned away, disinterested. As Navorn witnessed this, it surprised him more than he had expected, it was a rare man who would be completely disinterested with him, and rarer even still was a man who would be disinterested with him after he had already had generated such a large amount of attention.

Despite this revelation, Navorn kept moving. Stopping, even for a moment, could completely negate the effects of the ward, then he may as well have not have come at all. Instead, he picked up his pace slightly as, the sooner he was out of public, the sooner he could finally remove the small wooden ward, which burned against his chest like hot iron.

As he reached the bar, he put a hand against his chest and murmured something, as he did so, it was as if cotton wool had been pulled out of his ears and fogged lenses, taken out of his eyes, everything was much clearer, sharper and more vibrant. Anyone watching him at the time would suddenly see him in a far more reasonable light. As if to prove the nulled effects of the ward, a slightly frightened barmaid approached him and asked him for a choice in drink, putting up his hand and shaking his head he declined, at which point she let out a quiet sigh of relief and moved on to the next customer.

Navorn scanned the bar, he saw many groups of men, each of whom could be, in their own right, the men he was looking for. As he reached one end of the room, he saw an automaton. Shaking his head in disapproval, he realized that this would no doubt be the group he was looking for. His disapproval was replaced by interest when he noticed the man in the orange robe speaking to the robot.

Despising the thought, Navorn walked silently to the table with the intent of speaking to one of the men, on his way however, the barmaid unknowingly stepped in his way, to which he responded to by walking through her, much to the amazement of the barmaid.

Continuing on his way, he made it to the table, as he arrived he tapped a man in a gray robe on the shoulder, who then turned around and jumped in surprise. Nodding, Navorn spoke quickly and in a low tone "My name is Navorn Lytt, if you are going after the beast, I would strongly suggest you do not decline my assistance."

qp90cCFB9dwjorRT

04-25-2011

Scouring the city streets of Demacia was tiresome work. It wasn't difficult to find people who seen the beast known as, "Tiamat." But finding people that seen the real deal was a different story. Everywhere he went, the reports were more exaggerated then the last. Some said it was big enough to swallow a town whole. Others that it was a monster born of evil that can create beings of darkness.

It was all of course, nonsense.

After hours of walking; his legs and feet were tired. He was hot. And most of all.. He was irritated. Why people would make up such stories was beyond him. Why would they lie about a creature so terrible?

Eventually, he came to a bar on the harbor. Several men were gathered outside: including shop owners and military patrols. None of them seemed eager in the least to enter the bar but didn't want to leave either. Alexander decided it couldn't hurt to try one last place. If it didn't check out then at least he was close enough to have a few beers.

Upon entering he immediately spotted the most curious people he had seen in some time. There were several men seated at a table filled with drinks. Around them were the curious ones. A man in orange robes belonging to a summoner or some sort of magician by the looks. He carried with him a heavy looking book. In front of the magician was a robot resembling Blitzcrank vaguely. And a few feet away was a man clad in black, hiding his face. He sort of resembled the Champion, Twisted Fate.

"You there. I am a servant of Demacia; an officer seeking information on the beast, Tiamat." Alexander Mercel was not a standing member of the Demacian military at present but his appearance did not suggest as much. The people still knew him as the son of a great soldier and respected that. But not him as a person. "I believe, before I interrupted, that you were discussing a venture. You will not carry out that mission. Instead, you will tell me what you know of it so that I may take care of it personally."

He wanted the glory of defeating that beast by himself. There would be no doubt left to the people of Demacia and the rest of Valoran that, Alexander Mercel was a born Champion. It was his destiny to renew his family name and honor and enter the League of Legends.

"I will not ask again."

12345 ... 9