Alistar Wins Games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prometheius

02-22-2011

AP Alistar that is.

1:1 Ratio nukes, natural tankiness, good farming with some AP on, good ganking ability, easy to get and keep stacks, leads team fights, feeds allies.

Why's he hated on so much?

More so in ranked, from what I've seen, but he's hated on compared to other tanks.

Toros

02-22-2011

I get frustrated by ignite going through his ult in a big way (as it's his main way of surviving teamfights), and the 15 second base cooldown on pulverize.

Headbutt is 12 seconds and rarely can not be used without pulverize first.

Essentially, he gets stuck in a "dead zone" where all of his offensive options are on cooldown simultaneously, and stay that way for 7-9 seconds.

Haestro

02-22-2011

Eh, feels like a weaker hitting version of AP sion, with a bit of utility thrown in.

Ieatzombies9

02-22-2011

I prefer AD alistar, he munches towers faster and thats what the game is all about

Arinnarina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haestro View Post
Eh, feels like a weaker hitting version of AP sion, with a bit of utility thrown in.
This, for the most part. I still rarely play Sion as I prefer the feel of Alistar and still being able to reliable initiate.

m3chladon

02-22-2011

I've been playing alistar a lot in ranked lately, I build him tanky with aegis.

I personally find him a great tank built char since he brings dominance in fights as a frontliner and can also sit in the back and babysit carries if you have like a mundo or cho gath to frontline.

He is just not meant to be a nuker. Idk, I might give it a shot, how do you build him?

Toros

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinnarina View Post
This, for the most part. I still rarely play Sion as I prefer the feel of Alistar and still being able to reliable initiate.
Sion's not a tank though, and his initiate has an effectively massive cooldown, as you can't initiate without flash.

Fifthdawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

He's still my main tank. The only thing i can't stand about him is his movement speed. It drives me nuts how slow he is.

dshiatt

02-22-2011

His cooldowns are preposterous.

Josh de Tonreau

02-22-2011

yah hegay, stupid flash stun to slappin u into a blitz who pulls u into a tower and fists u into a huge OP AoE silence.
Yes, he wins games.