Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gaming PC for around 2k

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

atimatik

02-22-2011

I don't see anywhere else to post this and this is obviously a gaming community so I'd like to ask a question about a good Gaming PC build.

I have roughly 2000-2500 to spend on a Gaming PC. I can build them, but I do not keep up to date on the tech stuff. I have little to no idea of what the latest and greatest processor or the hottest graphics card. Was hopeful that someone has recently build a gaming comp in this price range and could post the specs or even a site that periodically posts a good PC to build that will stay up to date for the next 4 years or so.

Thanks for any help.

TL;DR: I need a new computer, HELP!

dyla

02-22-2011

Off topic

Narvuntien

02-22-2011

I got mine for $1300 AUD = USD .... but I already had a screen, speakers and mouse, got a new keyboard recently when the old one gave in.

i7
(the cheaper version on the i5 motherboard.)
Radeon 5780
(argh I think I can't remember random combination of numbers, It is on the high end of medium ranged graphics cards, slight less performance than the Nvida but more efficiency)
everything else was pretty cheap.

my computer is limited by it's cheap hard drive though.

I always load first at the LoL loading screen

I got it from a place you buy each part separately and they put it together for you.

MASSTADEN

02-22-2011

off topic

but

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/The_FalconO6/CurrentLogicalPCBuyingGuide/Guide.png

ExpOriental

02-22-2011

As far as my gaming computer knowledge goes, you probably shouldn't be spending that much. Just a few things I've picked up: Don't get suckered into buying a 6-core processor unless you plan on having this computer for a long while. There's almost no software that can utilize 6 cores and almost certainly no games. An overclocked quad core should be more than enough. More RAM is often a good idea, though I think 16 GB should be plenty.

I plan on buying my future comp from http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ (http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/) (I hope that's allowed, I'm not advertising this company, I really don't know that much about them.) The setup I plan on getting costs ~$1050, and supposedly should be able to run SCII on Ultra at 50 FPS.

Edit: Also, as far as I've been told, Intel processors give x1.1 the performance for x2 the cost. In other words, it's not worth "upgrading" from top-end AMD to Intel processors.

Andromansis

Recruiter

02-22-2011

For around 2k? WHATEVER YOU WANT.

TheMountainGoat

02-22-2011

Quote:
Andromansis:
For around 2k? WHATEVER YOU WANT.

^lolthis

Arrivederco

02-22-2011

I built a comp that runs lol at 90 fps max settings for like 600$. **** rich bastads.

ZeroeZ

02-22-2011

Quote:
TheMountainGoat:
^lolthis

Same

Colonel J

02-22-2011

This is my laptop:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=HP+dm3&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=432587423531123947&ei=v6dkTe_JHJS2sAPHmoC7BA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDYQ8wIwAQ#

Runs LoL just fine w/ graphics set to high. $450. It was $600 when I bought it. It is very reliable and lightweight. It can run WoW on high graphics as long as you disable a few options such as shadow, light quality, and ground clutter.