Fun Fact about IP Costs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

The average game length according to the hundreds of thousands of games on LoLbase is 38 minutes(+4 minutes or so of queue+selection+loading). Assuming a 50/50 Win/Loss ratio every 2 games you can earn slightly less than 180 IP every 2 games. Giving a 150 IP boost every 6 games for win of the day bonus, you can estimate that you earn around 118 IP every 42 minutes you spend on LoL.

To unlock every champion you need 232050 IP, so 1,376 hours worth of playing time.
If you want even rudimentary rune pages finished you are looking at 1,500 hours easily

At Michigan State, you can get your Bachelors for many programs with 118 credits, each of which is equivalent to a 55 minute segment once a week for 14 weeks. This is roughly 1,514 hours.

So in summary, in the time it would take a new player to get current on LoL content, they could literally take enough classes to graduate from college.

But free to play, competitive, and newbie friendly amirite?

I'm all for micro-transactions, but how can I convince my friends to play this game seriously when the barrier to entry is literally a Berlin Wall.

beezo

02-22-2011

figuratively a Berlin Wall.

(fixed)

Ifridge

02-22-2011

yes because in order to enjoy the game you need to have every single champion unlocked and you need runes.

Oh wait you could probably not spend IP and still have a decent gaming experience.

Saterny

02-22-2011

I can't help but feel you didn't factor in homework time for those classes

Noobus Maximus

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
I'm all for micro-transactions, but how can I convince my friends to play this game seriously when the barrier to entry is literally a Berlin Wall.
I'm enjoying this game and I haven't purchased any RP...

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifridge View Post
yes because in order to enjoy the game you need to have every single champion unlocked and you need runes.

Oh wait you could probably not spend IP and still have a decent gaming experience.
I can't convince my tryhard friends who still play HoN/Dota to switch because to even begin to be ready for competitive play the time sink you need is on WoW levels

Arecanderu

02-22-2011

the problem in your post is the "unlock every champ" part, I wonŽt unlock every champ, I donŽt think I will unlock even the half, and yet IŽll play competitively someday.

but yeah, Riot should help about the IP farm, double IP weekends would help ◕‿‿ ◕

ErdoS The Wise

02-22-2011

Ummm i spend more time on this game than on my bachelor's degree in business. WHERE'S ALL MY CHAMPIONS, RIOT!?

Drachenl0rd

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
To unlock every champion you need 232050 IP, so 1,376 hours worth of playing time.
If you want even rudimentary rune pages finished you are looking at 1,500 hours easily

At Michigan State, you can get your Bachelors for many programs with 118 credits, each of which is equivalent to a 55 minute segment once a week for 14 weeks. This is roughly 1,514 hours.

So in summary, in the time it would take a new player to get current on LoL content, they could literally take enough classes to graduate from college.
Who needs to unlock All of the champions? I don't have them all and I have a lot of fun... in fact, I have several I almost never play....

So in fact... your logic is flawed... math was ok... but your logic is seriously flawed.

Raptamei

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdoS The Wise View Post
Ummm i spend more time on this game than on my bachelor's degree in business. WHERE'S ALL MY CHAMPIONS, RIOT!?
You should be buying them with money. Isn't that what they teach you in business school?