Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How exactly does Archmage's Savvy work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veo 16

01-30-2010

I'm having trouble understand if it's

(0.60) x (championlevel) = AP total

or...

[(0.60) x (championlevel)] x (current AP) = AP total

Nanatsu

01-30-2010

The formula is (.6 x champion level) + current AP = AP total

Sadness Assassin

Recruiter

01-30-2010

I'm pretty sure it's .60xchampionlevel = AP added to your total AP. Hence at level 18, you will get a bonus 10.8 AP that gets added to your AP, not multiplied to (that would be pretty insane).

~Sadness Assassin

Expertise

01-31-2010

In any case, Archmage's Savvy should never be taken, the critical strike chance will obviously do more damage then a skill whose ratio is 1:1. One critical strike does more than that already.

Yana

01-31-2010

Quote:

How exactly does Archmage's Savvy work?

It doesn't

Travice

01-31-2010

Quote:
Expertise:
In any case, Archmage's Savvy should never be taken, the critical strike chance will obviously do more damage then a skill whose ratio is 1:1. One critical strike does more than that already.

Yeah because we all know how much annie, zilean, ryze, karthus(you see where I'm going here) need critical strike. 10 AP is 10 AP.

Yana

01-31-2010

Funny, the first 2 heroes you mentioned autoattack quite a bit. Anyway, the point is, +10 AP at level 18 (or +5 at level 9) is negligible, especially since if you care about AP (and thus have good AP ratios), you'll have so much that +10/5 will seem basically be non-existant. And that's a best case senario!

During the laning phase, where an edge is more important, it provides pretty much zero benefit. At least that extra crit strike helps you earlygame.

Travice

01-31-2010

I'd rather have the AP later, albeit not much, then the crit early. The laning phase ends around level 6-8 or 10-15 minutes, after that I don't find myself auto attacking very much, but that's just my playstyle.