I like ap champ, but why would I pick Ryze over any other?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ricardo L H

02-22-2011

As far as I know he is a long range poker, he no longer deals massive AOE damage... he has a snare? well I think there are better CC than a short range root....

Why not instead of poking with medium damage you blink toward your enemy, silence, slow to make sure he doesn't chase you back, and blink out of risk... all that in 3 secs...

Or you can stun your whole enemy team and destroy your target

Why ryze?

NeverNever

02-22-2011

He can be built extremely tanky while still putting out a lot of damage.

WoodenPerfection

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

He still does massive AoE damage but with R>Q and W not so much with E.

He's tanky and goes pewpew.

SPELL MACHINE GUN ***** WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR!

MathMage

02-22-2011

He can build tanky and put out sustained damage. He's the lovechild of Karthus and Singed.

Pentarctagon

02-22-2011

he does really need a base-stat rework though. they changed him from AP nuke to AP dps and left all his stats pretty much the same

Dzung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-22-2011

ryze is AP?

ikickyou100

02-22-2011

Mana

Rebonack

02-22-2011

You play Ryze because you want to be able to do more than roll your face across QWER and then die.

Even with max CDR there's a bit of delay between Ryze's casts of Q. Perfect time to kite around and generally be annoying. You can drop Q > W > Q > R > Q > E > Q in the span of about four seconds. You then back off and do it again 2 seconds later sans R.

Your burst damage is great. Your sustained damage is greater. And your tanky build allows you to survive long enough to pull it off.

Kilt

02-22-2011

He's a decently tanky carry. I'd personally prefer someone like Cho'gath, who has boat loads of CC, filling this role, but Ryze fits it just fine.

In all honesty, I don't really care for the new Ryze. Old mana build was just as tanky, and dealt roughly the same damage, now he deals higher single target DPS, as opposed to AoE burst. Mostly an aesthetic playstyle change, with no real difference in functionality.

...biggest buff was the range increase.

Burning Rose

02-22-2011

When you want a Carry but have too much physical on your team. Ryze is the only mage carry.

And no, Karthus is not a mage carry. Just because he casts a lot does not make him a mage carry - he still scales strongest closer to mid-game, whereas Ryze follows a power curve that's closer to Tristana or Tryndamere.