Janna help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forcas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2010

I'm new with Janna and have only played 5 games with her but enjoyed them, So i want to learn more about her from experienced players.

The abilites i grab are Howling Gale first then Zephyr then Eye Of The Storm, but then i only get Howling Gale the rest of the way expect when Ult is open or Howling Gale is not available so i will grab Zephyr.

The items i grab are
1st: Amplifying Tome and 1 mana pot
2nd: turn Amplifying Tome into Mejai's Soulstealer
3rd: Sorcerer's Shoes
4th: Lich Bane
5th: Zhonya's Ring (which i normally don't get to finish)

I run with Clarity and Ignite

I play aggresive with Howling Gale and in team fights will toss Howling Gale and Zephyr on the target and Eye of The Storm the enemys clear target then step back and pop ult far enough back were i dont knock enemies back but i heal running teammates or range.

Please be honest in every cataogry on what i'm doing wrong and help me plz

Sadness Assassin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2010

I don't know whether I would go With Mejai's Soulstealer. I don't really see Janna getting a large enough amount of kills/assists to get all those stacks without dying. Personally, I would start with sapphire or ruby crystal and build to Catalyst. Catalyst will keep your health and mana up while laning, and you should upgrade that as quickly as possible to Rod of Ages. Unless you really need boots, I would recommend getting Rod of Ages first. This not only adds to your survivability with a significant health boost, but it also widens your mana pool and gives a sizable boost to AP over time. As for boots, I see Boots of Mobility as an alternative choice so you can rush around to the aid of allies all the quicker, but if you teamfight a lot I can see the advantage of Sorcerer's Boots. A friend of mine plays Janna, but DPS rather than AP, so this is only from my experience with seeing other AP Janna's.

~Sadness Assassin

Joebags

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcas View Post
I'm new with Janna and have only played 5 games with her but enjoyed them, So i want to learn more about her from experienced players.

The abilites i grab are Howling Gale first then Zephyr then Eye Of The Storm, but then i only get Howling Gale the rest of the way expect when Ult is open or Howling Gale is not available so i will grab Zephyr.

The items i grab are
1st: Amplifying Tome and 1 mana pot
2nd: turn Amplifying Tome into Mejai's Soulstealer
3rd: Sorcerer's Shoes
4th: Lich Bane
5th: Zhonya's Ring (which i normally don't get to finish)

I run with Clarity and Ignite

I play aggresive with Howling Gale and in team fights will toss Howling Gale and Zephyr on the target and Eye of The Storm the enemys clear target then step back and pop ult far enough back were i dont knock enemies back but i heal running teammates or range.

Please be honest in every cataogry on what i'm doing wrong and help me plz

I wouldn't say you are doing anything "wrong". It is simply a matter of your play style and what role you are looking to play as janna. Whenever I play janna (which is frequently) I tend to think of myself as "offensive support". In other words, I deal good damage while focusing on support at the same time. Getting kills aren't a priority, but facilitating kills for your team is.

That being said, I tend to get skills differently than you. Level 1 I ALWAYS get eye of the storm. It is invaluable and will save you so many times, so getting it asap is important. In addition, the extra attack damage will help you harass opponents early on. Level 2 I get howling gale. After that i focus on maxing out Zephyr. Then I max out eye of the storm. Howling gale is the last thing that I max. The reason being is that I use howling gale primarily as a disable for the knockup, and not for the damage. You can get a lot of early kills if you use howling gale to knock up an opponent, then while they are in the air you rush in and use zephyr, which will take out a good chunk of their health and also slow them so that you can use your autoattack + EoS bonus damage to finish them off.

In terms of items, I agree with getting mejais soulstealer, as you should be able to get at least 10 stacks on assists alone, but I wouldn't get it as my first item. I usually get Doran's ring to start and then i go for a catalyst + lvl 1 boots (later get sorc shoes). Once I have these items I get mejai's. The catalyst and doran's ring will give you early game survivability as well as bonus mana/mana regen. After mejai's is complete, upgrade catalyst to rod of ages. This is great for survivability as well as AP and mana. Then I get rylai's for even more HP/AP and for torandos that not only knockup, they slow too! Also your zephyr will be slowing even more. If the game lasts this long, the other items are situational. After getting your rylais you should have about 300 AP if you have been doing decently well with your mejai's stacks. By the end of the game your tornado and zephyr will be doing between 500-700 damage apiece, and your shield should block about 500-600 damage.

For summoner spells i go for Ignite and ghost (yay superfast movespeed), but you should just pick whatever you like best. Also i go 9/0/21 for masteries.

Degini

01-30-2010

I do not play Janna, but I lane with one, so allow me to give my perspective from a partner's view:

1) Tornadoes are very IMBA. Spam that stuff every time its up and get your partner to get a mana manipulator if you are laning with a tank (alistair or robot for example).

2) Be very talkative in regards to your heal ultimate (its the ult right?). Let your teammates know you have it if its up so they can plan for it and don't go running back to town after a fight (when they should be pushing)

2a) Same goes for clarity.

erob

02-12-2010

This is a guide I made to start playing Janna for the first few lvls'. if you have any suggestions feel free to see me in game or add what you thin, i'd love to here your opinion....and be nice.

hello, i love support Janna. here r the items i get with her. 1.Dorian's ring (and a health pot for start of game) 2. Mercury treads 3.fiendish codex 4.rod of ages. 5.frozen heart
6. upgrade codex to (death fire grasp).

Usually by the time i get to rod of ages and start buying the parts, i sell the ring giving me more space or to buy a part for the rod. when you get to frozen heart, buy the armor first. get (cloth armor) and (chain vest before) before you buy (sage ring).

as a support Janna, i select my abilities per level as follows: 1. howling gale 2. zephyr 3. eye of the storm
4.zephyr 5. eye of the storm 6.monsoon 7.howling gale.

the reason for this is that gale should stay cheap. making ur mana last quite awhile. then at lvl 7 getting gale again for more aoe damage in lanes. also make sure gale is the last one to max out unless you have a serious mana pool.

my spec at the moment is 3/1/21. putting my last few points in hardiness and resistance.
for support i went : good hands(1), perserverence (3), awareness (4), expanded mind (4), meditation (3), insight (1), quickness (1), intelligence (3), presence of the master (1).

for defence i would go for: mender's faith (1), resistance (2), hardiness (3).

for offence: archmage's savvy (3).

as for runes i went all ap (force) because all abilities r increased with ur ap making ur shield and monsoon stronger. gale and zephyr i use more to harass, farm and slow down enemies in pursuit of me. this is not an offensive build so don't solo for god sakes :P i got a solid 130+ fights with Janna and most of my kills come from assist. if there's anything else u want to know by all means find me in game (erob)

Madra

02-12-2010

My first three items for AP Janna, in this order, are Kage's, Boots of Swiftness, and then Meijals. I stay away from Rod of Ages. I work for Rylai's, Lichbane, Zhonya's, Deathfire Grasp. My skill choice depends on who I am laning against. Eye of the Storm is probably the safest first choice to pick up. If am going against strong laners/pushers, I work on Howling Gale first. I like Flash/Cleanse for summoner spells. That, combined with Janna's speed, gives her pretty good survivability. It all depends on who you are fighting though. There are some characters that require you to change up your game plan for. If you play alot of Janna, you'll figure it out.