What's the Point of 3v3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liquidone

02-22-2011

Honest question. Why bother even playing it? In a game with champs that are balanced around a 5v5 setting, certain champs are just outright broken when you place them in a 3v3 setting. You're literally pigeonholed into picking these champs or banning them in 3v3. It's pretty much a race to see which side can get the more broken champs, and whichever side does completely curb stomps the enemy. I don't understand how that could be even remotely fun to anyone, or why RioT even added this game mode. Sure, in 5v5 there are champs that are stronger than others, but there are no outright "god" champs that completely destroy everything. I mean hell, the opinion of what's OP in 5v5 even changes with ELO, it's completely stagnant in 3v3. 5v5 atleast has some semblance of strategy and counter picking.

So, answer my question, what is fun about 3v3? Other than being able to pick a broken champ and feed your e-peen by stomping ****.

Master Yeezus

02-22-2011

IP farm, because jungle Yi will never lose a TT game, and you can farm both YG and Tri-Force in 20 minutes

mojozhu

02-22-2011

ganking party!

TheFezig

02-22-2011

I actually have a lot of fun playing 3's, and find that the balance isn't such that its unplayable. There are enough viable teams that bans take care of the huge problems and then it is just a matter of picking from the best of the rest (which is more than 6 deep).

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

If you like playing 3v3 champs, I guess.

Beddlam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

It's fun, and the games are shorter?

Also, while it may not be as well balanced and 5's there is still PLENTY of room for player skill and no champ is so unbalanced you can't deal with them.

The much better question is why make this thread? If you don't like TT than don't play it. Oh, that's right, you probably just got stomped by 3 of these "OP" champs and can't take responsibility for your own failure.

Frank the Golem

02-22-2011

Fun, something different, fewer players *can* mean fewer trolls, faster games, different setup, different viability of team setups.

But mostly for fun.

Havelox

02-22-2011

I enjoy 3v3 more so than 5v5.

Me and my friend duo queue jungle yi/AP taric.

We win most of our games..and its fun.

I wish riot would release a 2v2 map.

Frostoad

02-22-2011

I stopped playing singed in 3v3. It seemed SO unfair

Hong123454321

02-22-2011

3v3 offers a faster paced game. 2 lanes means that any mia is probably waiting to gank you. It also forces you to learn effective ward use and team composition. Its also got the most unpredictability because 1 late game ace = gg if you've got a tank on your side.