A little help with my end game - Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Traced

01-30-2010

Hey,

I've been playing for a month and a half now, and have gotten my Dark Child down pretty good. I am suffering with my end game however, not being able to land kills very often as I do in early-mid game. I use CD and Magic pen runes, and my build typically is ROA->Boots (depends on situation)->Void->Rylai's->Zhonya. I usually build cat up first then get boots then finish ROA. Depending on who I am fighting I typically go 7/1/15 roughly on an even match. My Kills are almost always within the first 30 minutes. I find myself not being able to get through the hp of late game champs. Is this normal for Annie? Does she just take down them assists end game? Just interested.

mrdudefool

01-30-2010

Normally I got Infinity's Edge, Infinity's Edge, Infinity's Edge... and game should be over.

RikkuHime

01-30-2010

Annie's damage doesn't scale well end game. You're mostly used to pop your stuns as often as possible and provide support damage.

Early-Mid Game is where you are going to get your kills at, then go support in late game.

And as a small tip, you're getting Rylai's too late in the game to be useful for your teammates other than chasing the one left behind.

Also: if all else fails get a Mejai's for more AP.

BobiusMaximus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-30-2010

I find deathfire gives annie the extra oomph she needs to be useful late game.

Traced

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkuHime View Post
Annie's damage doesn't scale well end game. You're mostly used to pop your stuns as often as possible and provide support damage.

Early-Mid Game is where you are going to get your kills at, then go support in late game.

And as a small tip, you're getting Rylai's too late in the game to be useful for your teammates other than chasing the one left behind.

Also: if all else fails get a Mejai's for more AP.
Yeah that kind of made sense to me. Rylai's is definetly late in the build it honestly depends on the situation however (I should have mentioned I swap the two in order). I love to get it before voids but if they had Magic resist I am willing to be a master of stun and keep em down. Good mention though.

TokinPrez

01-30-2010

Annie simply put loses a lot of her kill power in a long drawn out game, most all AP based heroes fall behind physical based ones. (such as Annie may toss tristana around like a second plushie doll but in a long game tristana can laugh at annie).

Annie is at her prime early to mid game and this is why is so vital for annie to get solo mid. I also recommend getting Mejais if your doing well as it can propel your AP quickly to give you a monster mid game and allow room for more flexibility in your item build.

If you do well enough mid game, you should hopefully gain a large enough level, gold and mejai stack advantage to make a very quick endgame, in that case Annie is still a monster to be feared.

If however you can not end the game quickly and endgame drags on, Annie will fall behind to physical carries and ultra beefed up tanks. It can suck but Annie is lucky in that her stuns are still useful and so she still brings a whole lot to a team fight.

If I find that the game is going long and I plainly can not keep up with the other teams carries and tanks (assuming I am not my teams carry eek!) then I even begin to turn my item build into a tanking one so I can be durable stun bot for my team over glass cannon.

Silent Reaper

01-30-2010

I suggest death grasp....this really screws em over

I usually do this..

Flash --> Exhaust ---> Death Grasp --> Tibbears --> the other spells and then lastly the molten shield...

Usually when i do this i have the enemy at about 0-20% hp, even for tanks lol, but i usually gank with a physical carry just to make sure they die

ctidesm

01-30-2010

You're not supposed to kill them late game, you become the soften them up/disable them for your carries to take over mage rather than the q-w-r double kill mage.

Traced

01-30-2010

Sadpandas you are entirely correct. Its just crazy that her scaling is so bad that you can not dent champions end game. Oh well, her stuns make it fun and by then the team is traveling as a pack so its not to bad. My last game went 13-1-22. I think the kills stopped at the 35 minute mark for the most part, minus one or two while we took down the base at the end. Went from a 11-0-2 to 13-1-22 in about 20 minutes =).