Counters to Mandreds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZPGefEKwQNWP2KRT

02-22-2011

madreds deals 4% of your max health in magic dmg.

Each pt in MR gives you 1% EHP from magic dmg.

Ergo, 100 MR reduces madreds effectiveness by 50%

McDracos

02-22-2011

Every 100 MR cuts all magic damage in half. In addition, getting some defense/mr is far better than just stacking HP as every 100 mr/defense effectively double your HP. For instance, if you compare a mundo with 3 warmogs to a mundo with a warmog's, thornmail, and FoN, the one that got their defenses up will be tougher in addition to the added bonuses on the items. (Extra regen, move speed, and damage returned)

Chobimo

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong123454321 View Post
Well I'm playing Mundo and have to tank because no one else wants to so I kind of have to stack health since it helps with the abilities. How much does magic resist take off from mandreds anyways?
IIRC, Armor/MR are more valuable than health stacking until ~150.

MR counters the %Life damage from a Bloodrazor, granted it still gives some AD.

Foxflare

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavalOffisah View Post
All of the damage from madreds is magic.

So a lot.
Because Bloodrazor totally doesn't have armor or AD on it. Nope, not at all.

It would be such a weak item if it was purely magic damage.

Hong123454321

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDracos View Post
Every 100 MR cuts all magic damage in half. In addition, getting some defense/mr is far better than just stacking HP as every 100 mr/defense effectively double your HP. For instance, if you compare a mundo with 3 warmogs to a mundo with a warmog's, thornmail, and FoN, the one that got their defenses up will be tougher in addition to the added bonuses on the items. (Extra regen, move speed, and damage returned)
Good to know, btw I wasn't stacking Warmog, only had one and then got PD for some dps.

CurryMofo

02-22-2011

I play Mundo a bit too. You should have too much hp to begin with, as most of it should come from regen. I usually build starks and SV as my core items before trying to make a warmogs/atma combo. If I face off against any ph carry, then I just get thornmail and FoN. I usually have above 120+ MR and Armor from just those items + Merc treads. Its nice to get a frozen heart too, but rather, just have your team focus that carry while hes wasting his time on you.

I played a game where a yi kept killing himself by fighting me. I was putting out a lot of damage too, so it was suicide to attack me without 2 bloodthirsters on him.

Montoli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDracos View Post
This is actually false.

100 MR does mean you will take half damage from magic, but 200 MR does not mean you will take 1/4. You will take 1/3 instead.

An easy way to remember it is that each MR gives you 1% more effective hp. So 100 MR = +100% ehp, = 200% total. So they have to do twice as much damage.

200 MR = +200% ehp = 300% total, so they have to do THREE times as much damage.

Still, as everyone has said, Magic Resist is probably the best counter to madred's, if you have enough hp that it is causing you trouble. Force of nature makes madred users sad.

agherwyijogkj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

use a sandwich and an xbox

Shadowmere

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dyne View Post
This

And rarely should anyone stack health, especially Cho
This

Stop stacking health, it sucks. Get around 3k hp, than 200 armor and mres. After that go whatever you miss or get some dps.

Korendil

02-22-2011

There is no counter.