Is Tryndamere Overpowered?

Yes 9 19.57%
No 32 69.57%
No, but only because I dont want him nerfed 5 10.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Nerfing Tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marcu Deslyn

02-22-2011

Is it just me, or is Tryndamere completly op? Every game, I cross my fingers that I dont have to fight another one, yet oftentimes I do as many people seem happy to take advantage of what amounts to free kills. I have always considered him borderline overpowered, but after the last few patches he's become unfightable. Yes, sometimes you can get lucky, and yes you can win against him, but the fact that it is so rare is bad. The fact that he can cast his ult while silenced and stunned completly ruins the whole point of silences and stuns.
Now, I know a ton of people are gonna get mad at this and angrily point out how tryandamere is not overpowered and how they only do well out of skill. However, any champion who can kill a full health tank by a turret and then kill the turret and finish with decent health is absurd (yes, I have seen this many times and no, they were not yet fed, as most of these times were right at lvl 6). Besides the stupidly op ult, his combo of slow and spin makes it very hard to escape from him, even if u ghost and exhaust him.
Many people are going to say that I am just ranting, and in a way they are right. But this is after weeks of watching tryndameres own uncontrollably, not after one or two bad games.

Role of Life

02-22-2011

lol no

SJCTsauce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

He's fine. Most of his damage relies on getting his Q stacks up. This can be stopped during laneing phase with harass. If he can't last hit, no stacks, no heal, no extra damage, and no gold. Like most other 1350 champions, he snowballs. The longer the game goes, the worse it gets.

ball00nboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Tanks aren't really tanks until later in the game. Trynd has absurd AD early game as well, so I'm not too surprised at the level 6 tower dive.

But seriously, he's made out of freaking paper before level 6 and is susceptible to harass. If he dives you, kite him around the tower for five seconds and you should be fine?

Levnik Moore

02-22-2011

Step 1. Fix wall of text.
Step 2. Jack his early game, if he can't get to level 6 he has no ult (Gasp!)
Step 3. Why is your tank losing so badly to a trynd that he can kill him at the tower and the tower at level 6?
Step 4. CC Him, ignore him. (Blind, snare, stun)

Edit: Step Cureall: Ignite him when he ults. Ignite lasts as long as his ulti, and cuts the heal he will inevitably use in half (Or just kill him before he uses it)

WalkingOnWater

02-22-2011

To answer your question, it's just you.

Voidgolem

02-22-2011

If tryn is getting ANY kills before he's level 6, you have done something wrong.

Hell, if he's getting any kills before picking up an Infinity Edge, you done ****ed up.

His job is steamrolling endgame once he has several thousand gold worth of items, like any carry. End of story.

gamezzs

02-22-2011

look not gonna say you're raging, but yes he is annoying but is he OP..no.

they number one why to stop trynd is either A) stop him early game or B) get a thornmail, as a trynd player this is the best counter possible

also yes he can ult thru CC, but he is still CCed meaning no damage output and you can kill him shortly there after.

is a fed trynd basically unstoppable...usually yes, but this can be said about most melee carrys

CooLTanG

Master Recruiter

02-22-2011

in this tank meta game, he's actually UP. If ur team is full squishies then its tryndamere's dream, if not he's weaker than most ranged carries in comparison or even Yi.

Arknova

02-22-2011

Ehh, I have always thought he was pretty strong for a while now. He essentially functions as a farm jungle minions until ult is ready, coordinate at tower gank of whoever he chooses.

Exhaust can shut him down pretty hard, but nothing like it used to. While he is like a one trick pony, it's just too much at times. I think his ult needs a shorter duration/longer cooldown considering it's free and can be used no matter what CC is used.

Luckily I don't see too many of them though.