Should Alistar Be Reworked?

Yes, as an AD tank he would create his own niche. 3 42.86%
Yes, but not in the way described. 0 0%
No, Alistar should remain the way he is. 4 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Alistar - Should be reworked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenra

02-22-2011

I have been playing LoL for awhile now and I have noticed something, Alistar is kind of under powered, while he has excellent champion control i.e his push back and his knock up. And has fairly good AP/Damage ratios. It's not enough to help him stand on his own, his niche is filled better by Cho'Gath. I am essentially asking that he be reworked simillar to how Ryze and Heimerdinger have been. I have suggestions.

Collossal Strength: is fine
Pulverize: Considering some other champs have similar abilities i.e Cho'Gath the cool down time is a tad long considering it doesnt add the slow or even have the range of Cho'Gath's, and has lower base damage. My suggestion is a lower cooldown 10 or 9 seconds, as opposed to the current 15. and it should scale with bonus AD instead of AP as it would synergize with his ult beter.
Headbutt: This move has good cooldown and damage, but once again I'd recommend bonus AD scaling and possibly lower base damage instead to better synergize with his ult.
Triumphant Roar: is fine
Unbreakable Will: I think it would be much more useful if the suggestions above were put into affect. Other than that is fine.

I think by making these changes you would have Alistar in a better situation to be more unique, aswell as just working better over all. And would give him his own niche as an AD tank.

Tyhan

02-22-2011

Alistar is perfectly fine right now and doesn't need a rework or a buff. Though I would really like 305 base movespeed.

JunkRamen

02-22-2011

He's fine atm.

r0edie

02-22-2011

NO

Tenra

02-22-2011

Maybe i am wrong, haha I never have a problem playing Alistar, it was more as a suggestion as I rarely see anyone else do well with him, other than suiciding turrets.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Quote:
Alistar is kind of under powered
LoL, that's what everyone said of Irelia months ago, except for a select few pros who knew she was totally fine. Same story with Alistar.

PatrioticNigra

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenra View Post
Maybe i am wrong, haha I never have a problem playing Alistar, it was more as a suggestion as I rarely see anyone else do well with him, other than suiciding turrets.
Alistar is one of the most jokes and fun heroes you can play hahaha

CruelDestiny

02-22-2011

Alistar really only needs a few tweaks, improved base move speed being one of them. The ONLY time I've ever had major problems with him is when games last 40+ minutes and everyone is getting everything to do anything... Although I'm fairly certain nearly all tanks have trouble if that point is reached, at least the ones that don't have a taunt.

Iron Tyrant

02-22-2011

Well honestly when I get into a match and see an Alistar on the other team I know I'm going to win, does that mean he's under powered.. maybe, but it likely means few people are playing him right. he is a higher difficulty champ after all.

steamTRAIN1337

02-22-2011

Alistar seems to be fine to me. His damage to champs isn't as high as a dedicated DPS, but thats expected. He can still tear down a tower and his utility in team fights doesn't decrease at all.