A Jack of All Trades

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Yeezus

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryy View Post
Not at all. I rather master 5 characters than be good with 50.
You can hardly fill every necessary role to be successful with 5 champs. And what happens when one gets nerfed? What happens when the enemy team takes the only tank you know how to play, and you're the final pick on a team without a tank?

Be versatile people. I'd rather have an average jungler on my team than Annie when we already have Karthus and Nidalee.

Eliras

02-22-2011

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

-Bruce Lee

Related

Mythoclast

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliras View Post
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

-Bruce Lee

Related
I fear the man who has practiced 20 kicks a couple times and 1 kick 9,960 times.

Master Yeezus

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliras View Post

-Bruce Lee

Related
"Knowledge is power."

-Sir Francis Bacon.

Related, and is actually applicable with the topic. When the enemy team has Jax, Teemo, and Heimerdinger, Yi better not be the only champion you play.

Eliras

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythoclast View Post
I fear the man who has practiced 20 kicks a couple times and 1 kick 9,960 times.
I'm not saying you should be incompetent in all roles. You should be ABLE to fill any role.

But you should focus in one.

Besides, arranged teams are the only way to play, and you have a focus in an arranged team.

Biomatter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistful of Force View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drebin314 View Post
Or you could learn a majority, be completely versatile, and be a respectable asset to your team every game other than instalocking Teemo, Ashe, and Yi.

Don't listen to him. being able to play 50 champs well is better than being able to play a handful of champs greatly.
Not at all.
I agree.

one pro is greater than 5 newbies.

Oh hay, do you watch naruto? it's awesome.
Wait a second. Since when could you make quote pyramids? I swear to god, I've been lurking for 5 months, and this is the first quote pyramid I've seen. Maybe I'm getting this forum confused with another one.

WoodenPerfection

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Being good with a champion only covers 20% of the battle. The rest relies on teamwork and positioning...

Master Yeezus

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomatter View Post
Wait a second. Since when could you make quote pyramids? I swear to god, I've been lurking for 5 months, and this is the first quote pyramid I've seen. Maybe I'm getting this forum confused with another one.
No, it's this one. I've only seen it once before.

Also, pic related.

http://images.wildammo.com/wp-conten...es-it-mean.gif

TheFezig

02-22-2011

You need to have a few champs that you've mastered, or specialize in. Having 2-3 mains is a great idea so you can say for sure there is a role or a few champs you will rock with.

Once you have those 2-3, it is a great idea to get a good feel for about 25 other ones so you can adapt to what is needed.

HellGin

02-22-2011

It's all in the cards...