How exactly was Ryze buffed?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joru

02-22-2011

As a squishy burst champion, he was terribly outclassed by loads of other squishy burst champions. It doesn't really matter if he was actually bad or just decent; there was no reason to pick him over Annie or Anivia or whoever. As a tanky sustained damage mage, he has less competition (possibly none, really), so he actually gets a chance to excel in team compositions which would have otherwise passed him over in favor of other champions.

CTHDRL

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post
You do realize that Karthus and Cass aren't considered particularly strong(ie viable for ranked) heroes? It's for the same reason. (unless fed a few kills of course, but who isn't good when fed?)
You must be high out of your ****ing mind.

Karthus is one of the best AP carrys for ranked.

ScarletDoom is proof of this.

Theorycrafter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Asia View Post
I think, what you're saying is, that Ryze's old damage was alot higher than New Ryze's damage.
Which is probably true.

But let me ask you this-
What's better. Late game Master Yi, who runs into a team and dies instantly, or Late game Olaf, who's un- disableness is especially useful for raping carries?

PS-
How does Karthus suck?
He's freaking awesome. He was also, I might add, more viable then Ryze in ranked. Really.
Unless you're in mega high elo play. It seems that both are/were ignored all together.
I didn't say Karth sucks - he's okay, just highly skill reliant for little benefit - banshee rapes him, a lot of lane counters, highly snowball reliant, etc. So he's unviable for ranked. Offtopic though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolakai View Post
He's not a nuker anymore.

He's fine the way he is now. A properly played Ryze will rape.

The numbers are fine. If you stop expecting him to wtfpwn someone within 5-7 seconds then he'll actually look a lot better.

To both of you -
Don't mistake me - I don't mean him to be a burst-damager. That would be silly given his new design. I just rather expect him to do overall same(if not better, since Riot said he was "buffed") damage in team fights than a burst Ryze. Team fights don't last THAT long.

DoctorVishnevski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post
I am not a Ryze newbie, I know how to play Ryze.
I'm just saying - all things considered you posted - his overall damage output via spell flux and utility via ult is much lower.
New Ryze doesn't rely on spellflux for damage, really only useful for creep farming and the MR debuff. You still deal tons of AoE with Q and W. If you open with a Q, you can mash spells for a good 6 more casts with out taking a break from dealing damage. Especially if you have maxed CDR. Maxed CDR puts Q on a 2.1 sec CD, all CD's a dropped by 1 on spell cast. Q,W,Q,E,Q,R,Q,W,Q,E,Q, all on GCD. It's all consistant damage and it'll hit for a lot. Even if the AP ratios suck on Q and W, an archangel's still gives them a nice boost.

agherwyijogkj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

spam spam spam

quasistellar

02-22-2011

I think they should add a small mana ratio to his spell flux just to round things out.

Old Ryze: Blow your huge wad, hopefully killing someone, then get blown up.

New Ryze: Blow your medium wad over and over and over from a safe distance.

Nosef

02-22-2011

Yea I agree spell flux feels a little weak now, but Q hits like a truck, is nigh on always up, and since it's always up, is always ticking 1s off his other cooldowns.

I think the ult is in a good place considering how much it does. Ryze doesn't have teh same "oomph" when you pop it that he did before, but he puts out respectable damage when it's down now too.

But yea, I think Spell flux could do with some mana scaling, even if its only like 1% cuz as is, you'll generally get more damage out of Rune Prison unless it bounces off the target like 5 times, and lvling rune prison early will keep them snared longer, which lets you hit more Q's.

Theorycrafter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
You must be high out of your ****ing mind.

Karthus is one of the best AP carrys for ranked.

ScarletDoom is proof of this.
Take it easy. Just giving an opinion.

Scarlet Doom knows he can play Karthus in *proper* circumstances, in which he rapes. It's a rape or be raped situation, and he knows when Karthus rapes, colloquially speaking.
You can see that by his win percentages with other heroes.

Anyway, please stay on topic.

kapane

02-22-2011

Ryze is a god****ed beast now.

He's now labeled as a "caster-carry" or something similar, which means he's similar to Pantheon, except his skills do magic damage instead.

If you don't think his damage is the same as before, you're obviously doing it wrong. I can have 4-5k mana by the end of the game. This is 400-500 damage on Q alone. Combine this with the 500-600 damage from W, as it scales decently with AP aswell, you will be hitting for 1k damage in a second. Okay, now after you hit W, you're Q will be off cooldown again. and that's another 500 damage. Then we hit E, and you get ANOTHER Q. Oh, and did I mention R? Press that after your first Q, and you will kill something.

I assure you. If you're doing it right, you're going to rape several faces at once. Just don't hit the freakin tank.

Theorycrafter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosef View Post
Yea I agree spell flux feels a little weak now, but Q hits like a truck, is nigh on always up, and since it's always up, is always ticking 1s off his other cooldowns.

I think the ult is in a good place considering how much it does. Ryze doesn't have teh same "oomph" when you pop it that he did before, but he puts out respectable damage when it's down now too.

But yea, I think Spell flux could do with some mana scaling, even if its only like 1% cuz as is, you'll generally get more damage out of Rune Prison unless it bounces off the target like 5 times, and lvling rune prison early will keep them snared longer, which lets you hit more Q's.
1% with no changes or 5% with reduced AP ratio/base values sounds fair imho and wouldn't really be signifiant.

Still, the ult's spell vamp isn't *really* significant. Just try it out. I'd pretty much trade the lackluster spell vamp for higher AoE back, no argument here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasistellar View Post
I think they should add a small mana ratio to his spell flux just to round things out.

Old Ryze: Blow your huge wad, hopefully killing someone, then get blown up.

New Ryze: Blow your medium wad over and over and over from a safe distance.
So where's the buff, I wonder still.

1234567 ... 10