How exactly was Ryze buffed?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rebonack

02-22-2011

Not so much nerfed or buffed as he was given a new function.

We have tons of champs that roll their face across QWER to vomit burst damage all over the enemy team. Not many that offer Sustained Magic Damage (pretty much just Karth and Cass previously).

Theorycrafter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Angry Crab View Post
He still does nice burst which is very repeatable, he's much more controlling because of the effective reduced cd on rune prison, he's more survivable because of vamp on ult which synergises fairly nicely with the new emphasis on defensive mana based items
Considering the fact your abilities become AoE and you get only half of effective spell vamp on AoE spells, the spell vamp is *Really* negligible.
I mean, even if you do a 700 damage Q - you'd only gain like 52,5 HP... not really efficient for the new "magic Ashe", when other ranged carries get easily 100 hp/sec lifesteal hp from autoattacks by that time.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Spell flux still lowers magic resist, it's not entirely useless

i don't understand the spellvamp though

Theorycrafter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
Not so much nerfed or buffed as he was given a new function.

We have tons of champs that roll their face across QWER to vomit burst damage all over the enemy team. Not many that offer Sustained Magic Damage (pretty much just Karth and Cass previously).
You do realize that Karthus and Cass aren't considered particularly strong(ie viable for ranked) heroes? It's for the same reason. (unless fed a few kills of course, but who isn't good when fed?)

lolakai

02-22-2011

He's not a nuker anymore.

He's fine the way he is now. A properly played Ryze will rape.

The numbers are fine. If you stop expecting him to wtfpwn someone within 5-7 seconds then he'll actually look a lot better.

Lord of Asia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

I think, what you're saying is, that Ryze's old damage was alot higher than New Ryze's damage.
Which is probably true.

But let me ask you this-
What's better. Late game Master Yi, who runs into a team and dies instantly, or Late game Olaf, who's un- disableness is especially useful for raping carries?

PS-
How does Karthus suck?
He's freaking awesome. He was also, I might add, more viable then Ryze in ranked. Really.
Unless you're in mega high elo play. It seems that both are/were ignored all together.

Theorycrafter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlargCow View Post
Spell flux still lowers magic resist, it's not entirely useless

i don't understand the spellvamp though
If Spell Flux was meant to be an utility spell(ie main purpose is to spread out -mr debuffs), its cooldown wouldn't be 14 seconds.

GreatRice

02-22-2011

they got rid of his burst, but his q is really high dmg now, since you can spam it at 2-3x the speed of before, and still does the 10% mana in dmg.

TheAngryMunchkin

02-22-2011

He does vastly more damage than before. before a single BV would cripple him, now he just sits there and throws out 600-700 damage nukes pre mitigation every ~1 secs. at 1500 seeing ryze before meant a free win, now hes terrifying, so easy to feed off badies.

He also no longer explodes to a single spell/autoattack.

Riot Sotere

Game Analyst

02-22-2011

The range. Although easy to ignore it makes a huge difference. He can now cast relatively safely. And his harass is ridiculous since you basically can't counter it and he can hit people underneath their tower very easily.

123456 ... 10