How exactly was Ryze buffed?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
I pinged Sniperness to post in this thread, he floats in the 1500's ELO but has been way higher up in the past.

He's been playing Ryze a TON in ranked games, I played a few with him and witnessed it myself. You just have to build him more on the tank side (see his match history for details) he goes banshee + frozen heart...page 6 is his ryze rune page

EDIT: argh he had like 9 ryze victories when I looked yesterday, he plays too much :P still valuable to look

You know what I love most about this change?

Back before it I was playing Ryze in preparation for the change. I did a big marathon of just Ryze non-stop, and I ended up with a build that was mostly Tear + RoA + Veil + Glacial Shroud.
Then the change came out and...oh hey they made that build even stronger?
I love RIOT

Nosef

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheSpoon View Post
Ryze is more fun, but definitely not stronger *overall* damage-wise, taking the defense and type of damage into account.

Takes a while to get 4000 mana. Sure, after that, you get around the power level of previous ryze but with much higher defense. Considering how the remake didn't really deliver tools for that - either via proper farming speed, which was nerfed imho, considering you can't use ult+E to instagib waves anymore OR via lane control, which got weaker to an extent he's better off in a duo over a solo now...
Ult+Q does better for farming a minion wave nowadays then Ult+E IMO.

KKumar

02-22-2011

Tankier, same damage output.

Buff? Your choice.

hotshotzehri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

manamune ryze ftw, just sayin. It is actually good on him. ad mana and mana regen (ok its only really good when you only dps is gp who decides that ap is better than damage+crit, but still).

HappyAndHazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvor View Post

Whoever said E does okay damage clearly has not even play ryze. it is 50 dmg.
Late game tho with a full build it does ~260 damage per bounce, pre MR.
Can solo baron too.

FuYA

02-22-2011

I love the fact that his core build now is like 3 items. And he that leaves him with 2 slots to play around a bit.

The only thing I would like is too see The Ult give Spell Vamp Passively and make the Mana Up be the active portion. Adding 300/600/900 mana for a few seconds will make his Mana Buffed spells be really strong for a few seconds which is pretty aweosme if you ask me.

AIM7Sparrow

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuYA View Post
I love the fact that his core build now is like 3 items. And he that leaves him with 2 slots to play around a bit.

The only thing I would like is too see The Ult give Spell Vamp Passively and make the Mana Up be the active portion. Adding 300/600/900 mana for a few seconds will make his Mana Buffed spells be really strong for a few seconds which is pretty aweosme if you ask me.
Passive spell vamp would be a bit too much imo. That along with strength of spirit and his 1k level 6 mana w/ strength of spirit is just too much hp regen early game. I think the passive mana gain on his ult needs to be buffed though to make it at least semi useful. Right now it's just 22 and 11 damage on q and w respectively. Pretty much unnoticeable.

HappyAndHazy

02-22-2011

Ya, if you want some more spell vamp just get will of the ancients, pretty decent spell vamp along with your ult if you have an item slot to spare