Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

We used to get the same amount of IP when we lost..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Hamilton III

02-22-2011

How is it more fair that we barely get more IP than when we lost games prior to the change? I've been in games now where people are encouraging dragging it out, both on the winning and losing team just to get more IP.

This is a garbage system.

masterojack

02-22-2011

Don't lose!

Sir Hamilton III

02-22-2011

Quote:
masterojack:
Don't lose!

Nono, I'm saying when we win a like 35 minute game, you get around 72-82 IP. That's what you used to get when you lost a game before the change.

Tc3001

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Quote:
BRODEEZY:
Nono, I'm saying when we win a like 35 minute game, you get around 72-82 IP. That's what you used to get when you lost a game before the change.

You get ~90-96 IP for a 35 min win. Plus, they're slightly increasing the IP gain next patch.

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Quote:
masterojack:
Don't lose!

You are getting less IP for a win than you used to get for a loss...

Red Nova Drago

02-22-2011

the problem is that it encourage people to prolong the game. I have many games where the enemies or my own winning team refuse to push in or purposely push in slowly just to prolong the game. This is bull sh*t. I like ip system and surrendering system before the change

PriorityOne

02-22-2011

Quote:
Red Nova Drago:
the problem is that it encourage people to prolong the game. I have many games where the enemies or my own winning team refuse to push in or purposely push in slowly just to prolong the game. This is bull sh*t. I like ip system and surrendering system before the change

The problem is you need a 39 minute game to break even with the old system and they lowered surrender down to 20 minutes.

They need to put the old system's IPs in as the minimum values. It's just BS right now.

Beatus

02-22-2011

Quote:
Tc3001:
You get ~90-96 IP for a 35 min win. Plus, they're slightly increasing the IP gain next patch.

And you believed in it just because Zileas said so?
They'll most likely fix it Soon™.

Sir Hamilton III

02-22-2011

Quote:
Tc3001:

That's still ridiculously low. And I only got 81 IP for my last win which barely under 35 minutes, then had a streak of 72 IP games which were wins, followed by a 56 Ip loss.

56 IP. For over 30 minutes of play. Ridiculous. And yes, this is all 5v5.

StrengthAndHonor

02-22-2011

Quote:
Tc3001:

This is mah recent match history on my main account.

Not a single game with more than 81 IP. Win or lose, doesn't matter. Not one. Every single game is 81 IP or less.

Riot straight up nerfed IP gains. Period. The "average game time" they use is flat out warped wrong or intentionally manipulated to lie to us in a IP nerf.