@Riot | Cassiopeia - A fun champ that is unfortunately terrible

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fleetfeet

Senior Member

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
Cassiopeia IS THE NEW FOTM
If this happens, it will mean Cassiopeia is overpowered.

Not for the people playing her as the flavour of the month; They're typically average... but if the average players are doing well enough with her to play her again and again, then the legitimately skilled with Cassiopeia will be virtually unstoppable.

For the same reason Twisted Fate or LeBlanc won't really become flavour of the month, neither will Cassiopeia.

I mean, consider past flavours of the month. Vlad? Gragas? Nasus? Not the most complicated champions in the world.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inkreflex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-22-2011

I am considering getting her next solely because of haters like you...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etyn

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Cass is borderline OP... Just wait till one of the pro players gets to the top of the ladder with her and the rest of you will figure it out...


Cass just needs a lot of $, so she either has to get solo top (which she can hold fairly well against another solo top, a little iffy against 2 depending on who they are) or solo mid. She also requires a metric **** ton of positioning knowledge. (Beating a Karthus at the "spam Q" game in mid is also one of the best things you can ever do in this game...)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etyn

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malduk View Post
So... how many games with Cass do those that keep saying l2p have with her and can we see results from those games?

Cass is meh. While okay on paper, person that can field 100% of her Qs does not exist. You get maximum of 2 Fangs on poisoned target if you manage to stay in range. Then you have to apply poison again.
W is a terrible skill, mostly because its completely redundant to Q. The only good thing about it is slow. Bad thing about it is casting animation, so sometimes you cant capitalize on that slow. Mostly, its simply better to just use Q, for both chasing and escaping.
The issue comes when you miss your first Q on chase/escape. First miss and you failed in whatever you were doing. You lose on your movespeed, you lose on damage output through poison, you lose on E spam. While some brains here will say "learn to hit with it", that is not the point. Cass will do fine if she keeps hitting with Q. But as I said, landing 100% of it is simply not possible against opponents with tiny bit of intelligence.
She is simply too reliant on landing Q. If Ezreal misses his Q, that is also a LOT easier to aim, nothing bad happens really. That is my main issue with Cass. Honestly, I'd like to see her W reworked into something. No idea what really, thats for the designers to figure out. But really, zoning is done with Q, farming is done with Q, harassing is done with Q, Rylais gives your Q a slow, and no one with a brain stands in that W anyway.

From all that I can assume you level her Q first. And that is why you fail whale at playing her... Take Q first. Take W next. Then max E (Of course take R @ 6 but then return to maxing E)

E is your bread and butter... not Q. E makes the enemy run. E kills people....


-edit-
no idea how many games I have with her but I bought her about 3 days ago and have really fell in love with her... I think her ult needs a little tweaking, mostly with range (for such a squishy champ you have to get awfully close to use it) but the rest of her is perfect, last game went 16/2/10 (lost though cause EZ built AP vs Cho'Gath and Blitz....)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zankioh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkreflex View Post
I am considering getting her next solely because of haters like you...
How am I hating? Get her, just don't complain afterwards if you feel like she's lackluster. Which she is.
You can look at Cassiopeia exclusively and say "ok, that's fine." But you gotta see the environment: all other champs. There are reasons you never see her - and it's not just because she is 6k IP and hard to play.
And to the "She is fine the way she is" crowd. Really? You're not even upset with the ultimate being buggy at times? I don't believe you one bit. There is no possible way you can shrug off a buggy ulti as "well derp just need moar skillz".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fleetfeet

Senior Member

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malduk View Post
So... how many games with Cass do those that keep saying l2p have with her and can we see results from those games?

Cass is meh. While okay on paper, person that can field 100% of her Qs does not exist. You get maximum of 2 Fangs on poisoned target if you manage to stay in range. Then you have to apply poison again.
W is a terrible skill, mostly because its completely redundant to Q. The only good thing about it is slow. Bad thing about it is casting animation, so sometimes you cant capitalize on that slow. Mostly, its simply better to just use Q, for both chasing and escaping.
The issue comes when you miss your first Q on chase/escape. First miss and you failed in whatever you were doing. You lose on your movespeed, you lose on damage output through poison, you lose on E spam. While some brains here will say "learn to hit with it", that is not the point. Cass will do fine if she keeps hitting with Q. But as I said, landing 100% of it is simply not possible against opponents with tiny bit of intelligence.
She is simply too reliant on landing Q. If Ezreal misses his Q, that is also a LOT easier to aim, nothing bad happens really. That is my main issue with Cass. Honestly, I'd like to see her W reworked into something. No idea what really, thats for the designers to figure out. But really, zoning is done with Q, farming is done with Q, harassing is done with Q, Rylais gives your Q a slow, and no one with a brain stands in that W anyway.
My latest Cass results, though nothing particularly impressive, are:

3/2/7 Victory
8/8/9 Defeat
6/6/11 Victory
18/7/12 Victory
4/5/4 Defeat
11/3/9 Victory.

Despite being 66% victories, it's actually pretty shaky playing on my part.

Doombrew has posted better results and did so in ~1700 ranked games. He's currently at 45 ranked wins, 22 ranked losses as Cassiopeia.

Saying it again, Cassiopeia is fine. It's the summoners that are underwhelming.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dianetics

Senior Member

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zankioh View Post
How am I hating? Get her, just don't complain afterwards if you feel like she's lackluster. Which she is.
You can look at Cassiopeia exclusively and say "ok, that's fine." But you gotta see the environment: all other champs. There are reasons you never see her - and it's not just because she is 6k IP and hard to play.
And to the "She is fine the way she is" crowd. Really? You're not even upset with the ultimate being buggy at times? I don't believe you one bit. There is no possible way you can shrug off a buggy ulti as "well derp just need moar skillz".
I own her. It's rare that I don't outright carry my team when I'm playing Cassiopeia. She's one of the stronger champs in the game when played right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-22-2011

I usually do pretty good with her. Max R when available, E 1st, Q 2nd and W last. Get 1 pt in W. Get Tear and Rylai at least.

She can outlane Vlad, Garen and a few others if u do it right. She can even 1v2 if u play smart .

Dont know whre all this QQ comes from.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medusa

Senior Member

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malduk View Post
So... how many games with Cass do those that keep saying l2p have with her and can we see results from those games?

Cass is meh. While okay on paper, person that can field 100% of her Qs does not exist. You get maximum of 3 Fangs on poisoned target if you manage to stay in range. Then you have to apply poison again.
W is a terrible skill, mostly because its completely redundant to Q. The only good thing about it is slow. Bad thing about it is casting animation, so sometimes you cant capitalize on that slow. Mostly, its simply better to just use Q, for both chasing and escaping.
The issue comes when you miss your first Q on chase/escape. First miss and you failed in whatever you were doing. You lose on your movespeed, you lose on damage output through poison, you lose on E spam. While some brains here will say "learn to hit with it", that is not the point. Cass will do fine if she keeps hitting with Q. But as I said, landing 100% of it is simply not possible against opponents with tiny bit of intelligence.
She is simply too reliant on landing Q. If Ezreal misses his Q, that is also a LOT easier to aim, nothing bad happens really. That is my main issue with Cass. Honestly, I'd like to see her W reworked into something. No idea what really, thats for the designers to figure out. But really, zoning is done with Q, farming is done with Q, harassing is done with Q, Rylais gives your Q a slow, and no one with a brain stands in that W anyway.
3 Twin Fangs on target with Noxious Blast. While before hand you should have put down Miasma, in preparation for retaliation/escape. W is just as good as Q. Depending on the situation one may be better or you can utilize both at the same time to great effect.

Q is good for checking bush's etc, W is good for planning/zoning out the battle field as i said.

Read the enemy, learn to predict where they will go (for Q/W) if they do happen to have intelligence. As it is with all skill shots.

Zoning can be done with both/one or the other. Perhaps zone with Q and farm with W or vice versa. When someone doesn't stand in W, there you go you zoned them out, Melee has to attack you? Lay W at your feet, Q every 3 sec and E whenever you can, win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZodiarkSavior

Recruiter

02-22-2011

This is frightening. Cassiopeia is meant to be a HIGH SKILL CAPPED CHAMPION.
Her difficulty is eightfold compared to...Ryze.
Noxious Blast is a VERY GOOD poke ability. It has great AP Scaling and the movement speed bonus is great for chasing and running away. It has a second delay just like Lay Waste but you can use it as a trap that enemies can run into.
Miasma provides decent damage and CC, You will adapt to its radius. Also just like Noxious Blast, the poison lasts for 2 seconds when they leave the smog...Along with the slowing effect. Pair this wit Rylais and you have a 40% Slow. Now add your Ultimate which is a 60% slow/ 2 Second stun.
Twin Fang is awesome. Even if you dont have poison its on a 5s cooldown, making it great for harassing.
Her ultimate is one of the best team fight initiaters in the worlds. It's like Amumu's but with a personal range. Large enough to cover a crowd.
It may be buggy but its all good


123