Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot | Cassiopeia - A fun champ that is unfortunately terrible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zankioh

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Cassiopeia is, as it stands and in my own humble opinion, one of the most underpowered champions in the game. I'm really trying to like her and to stay positive about it - and just to add: I don't mind playing the underdog. But she is just terrible.
She absolutely pales in comparison to other champs you could pick instead of her.
Yes I know she is not supposed to be a heavy nuker, but she's not even good enough at what she's supposed to do: (Light) CC and hard harassing + dots.

Let's look at her a bit closer:

Deadly Cadence (Passive): Guess it's alright, supports her constant harassing playstyle.
Noxious Blast: Good skill, I have no qualms with it. The delay can be slightly annoying, but once you get used to it you can lead with it.
Miasma: Good concept, but the area of effect is too small. Might want to increase the radius of this slightly.
Twin Fang: ****. Decent idea, bad implementation. Not worth leveling it early on as you'd rather take more points in Noxious Blast - and later on this is just too lackluster. The range, even though increased recently from 675 to 700, is still laughable. I'm not joking when I suggest the range, if the rest of the skill remains untouched, to be buffed up to as much as 1000 range.
Petrifying Gaze: Sigh, the glitchy and buggy ultimate all Cass players came to love. First of all, it needs to be fixed. It not even working is just not acceptable, at all. It's her ultimate for Christ's sake. Second, while I do agree with the more or less low damage on it (since it offers CC at the same time), I think it might be beneficial to adjust said CC a bit. Enemies looking at you = stunned. Ok. However, when they are facing away, instead of just being slowed, they should be rooted. Sounds OP? It's really not. More often than not enemies do not all miraculously face you, especially since you're not a champ who even wants them to look at you. Cass drops like a fly. Don't forget it has a rather formidable CD on it as well, so it should "pack a punch".

Now these are just suggestions, but one thing should be clear to everyone who's played and tried to like this snake: She needs help. She has a great concept, the artwork is good, her intended playstyle is.. why must she suffer like this?

Hoping to get a red post stating whether they are actually aware of how UP she currently is and if there's anything in the works for her.

@People who do not own Cass but thought about buying her:
Don't. Unless she's the last champ you lack, you will surely be happier with another one for now. It's too much of a pain. You put in a lot of work, but get so little back as a reward.

Medusa

02-22-2011

Deadly Cadance is amazing, allows for "Noxious Casting" and almost never running out of mana (without blue buff i might add)

Miasma is completely fine, used for spamming E, Zoneing out the enemy and planning for escapes on both sides.

Twin Fang, just stop talking. Its amazing dmg, allows you to go 1vs1 against most champs and win.

PG, pretty much fine as is. Learn to deal with the shortcomings you "think" it has.

You need to play her more, until that point dont bother saying anything on this champ. L2P

Mordwyrhta

02-22-2011

Cass is a high-skill cap champ. In the hands of a good player, she's very scary.
We need more champs like her that are meant for very good players.

zankioh

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Mordwyrhta:
Cass is a high-skill cap champ. In the hands of a good player, she's very scary.
We need more champs like her that are meant for very good players.

Even if you were to play her perfectly, you'd notice that she does not reward you for doing so as much as nearly all other champions would.

Gangplant

02-22-2011

Quote:
zankioh:
Even if you were to play her perfectly, you'd notice that she does not reward you for doing so as much as nearly all other champions would.

See here's the problem because she actually does reward you quite nicely. She has ridiculous damage output, and in quick hands, can carry a team easily.

She's not underpowered, but heavily, heavily underrated.

TehGus

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Problem with Twin Fang is that she's meant to be spamming it (like a "machine spell gun&quot but she can't sustain herself in the field. Well, at least that's what I think she was originally made to do. Range isn't the problem imo - she could use some significant innate spellvamp on Twin Fang, like 35%.

hyliandanny

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Quote:
zankioh:
Hello.

I do not claim to play her perfectly, but I notice that she rewards me for doing as much as I do on all other champions I play.

-Danny
Noxus makes the best champions (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=428832)

1ns

02-22-2011

Cassiopeia IS THE NEW FOTM

Medusa

02-22-2011

Quote:
TehGus:
Problem with Twin Fang is that she's meant to be spamming it (like a "machine spell gun&quot but she can't sustain herself in the field. Well, at least that's what I think she was originally made to do. Range isn't the problem imo - she could use some significant innate spellvamp on Twin Fang, like 35%.

Its fine as is. Already poweful enough. The 35% would truly make her OP. play her more.

Malduk

02-22-2011

So... how many games with Cass do those that keep saying l2p have with her and can we see results from those games?

Cass is meh. While okay on paper, person that can field 100% of her Qs does not exist. You get maximum of 2 Fangs on poisoned target if you manage to stay in range. Then you have to apply poison again.
W is a terrible skill, mostly because its completely redundant to Q. The only good thing about it is slow. Bad thing about it is casting animation, so sometimes you cant capitalize on that slow. Mostly, its simply better to just use Q, for both chasing and escaping.
The issue comes when you miss your first Q on chase/escape. First miss and you failed in whatever you were doing. You lose on your movespeed, you lose on damage output through poison, you lose on E spam. While some brains here will say "learn to hit with it", that is not the point. Cass will do fine if she keeps hitting with Q. But as I said, landing 100% of it is simply not possible against opponents with tiny bit of intelligence.
She is simply too reliant on landing Q. If Ezreal misses his Q, that is also a LOT easier to aim, nothing bad happens really. That is my main issue with Cass. Honestly, I'd like to see her W reworked into something. No idea what really, thats for the designers to figure out. But really, zoning is done with Q, farming is done with Q, harassing is done with Q, Rylais gives your Q a slow, and no one with a brain stands in that W anyway.