Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New IP system. Are you getting shorted?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StrengthAndHonor

02-22-2011

Quote:
lolakai:
You definitely have not taken a class of statistics.

Your definition of "average game time" and their definition of "average game time" aren't even the same.

They're talking about across the board. And they have access to all those data.

Your last 20 games played all within 25 minutes win/lost don't necessary affect the overall average because that's 20 games out of ... probably thousands?

You can only say that you're not conforming very well to the standard curve. You can't say they lied.

I am using about 2,000 games played experience of league of legends.

Most games never reach 1 hour mark. That just doesn't happen. It's rare compared to the amount of games that end before 50 mins. When the respawn timer gets high, 1 teamfight is all it takes to decide the winner.

Riot nerfed early-mid game IP gains. Which is exactly where most games end.

Then, Zileas already said he wants games to be under 30 minutes. So, once they achieve that, then what? They already massacred our IP gains for short games.... and that's where they want to take the average game time.

It's pathetic how they don't come clean. They keep lying about the reason.

Kipster

02-22-2011

Quote:
StrengthAndHonor:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=533867&page=2

Every single game, win or loss, is below 81 IP gained, except for the First win of the day bonus.

every single game. win or lose. 81 or less IP. nerf of about 20-35 points of IP

I don't see any game times in there. I haven't seen any legit complaints where match time is shown next to low IP gain.

Kipster

02-22-2011

Quote:
StrengthAndHonor:
I love how the OP was getting ready to get his pathetic Riot Fanboy suit on and then got shutdown and ran for the hills.

I kind of expected a few insults, but at least back it up with something substantial. Taking a screenshot is quite easy and helps to back your position. I've given a screenshot of a 25 minute win in my original post that shows adequate IP gain.

Sunwise

02-22-2011

Quote:
Kipster:
My most recent win (25 minutes, 44 seconds) got me 107 IP (Including the 14 bonus for matchmaking, but not IP boost or win of the day). I've seen so many posts where people claim to have earned less on a victory in a longer game. Well, here's some proof that things aren't all that bad.

Actually, someone (Lima?) said that Per-Win IP Boosts are causing win IP rewards to display incorrectly. Basically, they coded it so that the Per-Win Boosts will automatically give the maximum possible time-based reward (something like +144 IP?), so that people with Per-Win Boosts wouldn't feel compelled to stretch a winning game out as long as possible to get the most out of their boost, and so they wouldn't feel cheated if they won quickly.

Problem was, the boosts are functioning as intended, giving the +144 or whatever IP, but the display is bugged. If I'm not misremembering the value of the boost, then your IP-per-minute reward for winning (the blue bar on the left side of your image) should be +55, rather than +93, with the boost accounting for the rest of it. Basically the display is splitting the total amount in half and assuming that half of it belongs to the boost, and the remaining half to matchmaking + your win value, when this is not actually the case and your win value is substantially less than displayed while the boost value is substantially more.

What this all means is, you're getting shorted too. It's just not displaying right. Check it out after the 10-win boost they gave out wears off and you'll see the proper numbers.

Trame

02-22-2011

Quote:
Sunwise:
Actually, someone (Lima?) said that Per-Win IP Boosts are causing win IP rewards to display incorrectly. Basically, they coded it so that the Per-Win Boosts will automatically give the maximum possible time-based reward (something like +144 IP?), so that people with Per-Win Boosts wouldn't feel compelled to stretch a winning game out as long as possible to get the most out of their boost, and so they wouldn't feel cheated if they won quickly.

Problem was, the boosts are functioning as intended, giving the +144 or whatever IP, but the display is bugged. If I'm not misremembering the value of the boost, then your IP-per-minute reward for winning (the blue bar on the left side of your image) should be +55, rather than +93, with the boost accounting for the rest of it. Basically the display is splitting the total amount in half and assuming that half of it belongs to the boost, and the remaining half to matchmaking + your win value, when this is not actually the case and your win value is substantially less than displayed while the boost value is substantially more.

What this all means is, you're getting shorted too. It's just not displaying right. Check it out after the 10-win boost they gave out wears off and you'll see the proper numbers.

^This is correct.

@ OP: if you don't believe this, note that your numbers are higher than the numbers -RIOT- quoted for a 25 minute game. You think Riot is lying to us and telling us we're getting less IP than we actually are just to try to piss us off?

Spoilers they're not, this is a result of the way they coded boosts.

TGTheProdigy

02-22-2011

Since you are terrible (w/l record) you get more IP.

Sunwise

02-22-2011

Quote:
TGTheProdigy:
Since you are terrible (w/l record) you get more IP.

Hey, keep it classy. I was just providing a factual correction based on an explanation provided by a Riot employee about a display bug. You're just being an ass.

I Yuris I

02-22-2011

this sucks...keep getting **** for ip.
this just doubles the time need to collect ip to buy things like champs/runes.
they said it would help with them implementing new maps/modes, but the thing is there no freaking new modes or maps...so fcking pointless