New IP system. Are you getting shorted?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kipster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

My most recent win (25 minutes, 44 seconds) got me 107 IP (Including the 14 bonus for matchmaking, but not IP boost or win of the day). I've seen so many posts where people claim to have earned less on a victory in a longer game. Well, here's some proof that things aren't all that bad.

If you're getting shorted, post a screenshot. If you can provide proof, then the RIOT staff have something to investigate.

masterojack

02-22-2011

all the posts were from the day IP went to hell

Kipster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

There are still many people claiming to be shorted and calling for a boycott of IP. Nobody seems to be providing any proof when they hop on the rage train, though

masterojack

02-22-2011

well, then those ppl are tarded

StrengthAndHonor

02-22-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=533867&page=2

Every single game, win or loss, is below 81 IP gained, except for the First win of the day bonus.

every single game. win or lose. 81 or less IP. nerf of about 20-35 points of IP

Zer§Hedge

02-22-2011

That is my thread ^. In the three games shown they all took < 30 minutes to win. In 2 previous games not shown one was a first win of the day, and another 45 minute victory that i got something like 108 points for. My beef is not with the long games, its with the short 20-30 minute games that reward you less then before. I don't like this change at all, because you can be awared almost the same ip for losing in 40 minutes, as you are for winning in 20, which I feel just doesn't make sense.

StrengthAndHonor

02-22-2011

yup.

Look at the picture I posted up there.

Not a single game with 100+ IP like we used to get for a win. Not one.

Riot is straight out LYING about "average game time"....

StrengthAndHonor

02-22-2011

I love how the OP was getting ready to get his pathetic Riot Fanboy suit on and then got shutdown and ran for the hills.

Arohseekay

02-22-2011

Not too bad, except the wins are less per than pre-change and the amount gained for a loss is awful.

The Teemo game was a surrender before 25 minutes, not sure how long the game with Zilean lasted (why is game length not recorded on the match history?).

Can't say for sure if i'm gaining points faster or slower than before. I do know that a 20 minute win gets me fewer points than a loss before the change, and that feels dumb.

lolakai

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrengthAndHonor View Post
yup.

Look at the picture I posted up there.

Not a single game with 100+ IP like we used to get for a win. Not one.

Riot is straight out LYING about "average game time"....
You definitely have not taken a class of statistics.

Your definition of "average game time" and their definition of "average game time" aren't even the same.

They're talking about across the board. And they have access to all those data.

Your last 20 games played all within 25 minutes win/lost don't necessary affect the overall average because that's 20 games out of ... probably thousands?

You can only say that you're not conforming very well to the standard curve. You can't say they lied.