@Xypherous, Evelynn ideas and thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillinUrDoodz

02-22-2011

I hate being That Guy who bumps his own threads repeatedly but... >.>

I'm on a horse.

Vecuu

02-22-2011

Very cool idea.

I think free invis might be a little strong early game, especially since the stun is also free.

Let's assume you're using the same numbers on her current stealth mechanic, which is fairly weak at rank 1 anyway.

10second stealth
1second stun
12second recharge upon breaking stealth

Instead of having to max out her W she will be free to max out her E: Ravage. So now at level 1 instead of:

Mana Stealth->Auto+Stun->Heel kick->run

We have:

Bush->Free Stealth->Mana Ravage+Stun->Heel Kick->run

And at level 2, we move from:

Mana Stealth->Mana Ravage->Heel kick->run

to:

Bush->Free Stealth->Mana Ravage+Stun->Q->Heel Kick->Q->Run

So, for almost half the mana, you're doing some legitimate harassing instead of two auto attacks.

Granted, she loses this a little if you control the main bushes, but she can then start using the River bush.

Edit: Her harass gets even stronger as she levels, since by level 5 she'll have three points in E instead of three points in W.

Introvert

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecuu View Post
I think free invis might be a little strong early game, especially since the stun is also free.
She needs more lane presence anyways. If they nerfed the early levels of E (leaving lategame damage more or less the same), then this might work.

I like the first part of your idea, however I think the phantom thing is slightly gimmicky. How about, you disappear a la Master Yi, and you are teleported *back* to your original location if the phantom is attacked. The Phantom could be visible to everyone *except* champions. That way she retains some stealth mechanics, while walking near jungle mobs and minions will cause your phantom to appear visible. Your attacking causes you to take the place of the phantom.

KillinUrDoodz

02-22-2011

@Vecuu, Well, I would make the passive much weaker at level 1 than current level 1 shadow walk. I would think... perhaps 5 second stealth, or even less, .5 or 1 second stun, and 15-20 second recharge. The positive thing is that the numbers are all malleable and different parameters can be tried. You can make it short at level 1 and get strong at level 6, for example. You could have the duration too short to harass the side bushes from the river bush at level 1/6, but at level 11 allow her to dip into them. With six parameters to tweak, it gives the designer more freedom to mess around with the actual details.

And the good thing is that it is not tied to her strategic stealth, so you don't have a tension between the two.

@Introvert, that is another interesting idea. The key point I want to make is that we don't have to put all of Evelynn's stealth eggs into one basket, so to speak. She has a boring passive that can be replaced with something without taking something away from why she is fun. I think the designers working on stealth should consider making the kind of tactical/strategic split we are discussing.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-22-2011

I dislike brush mechanics.

Zelphy

02-22-2011

I love this idea. It's very well thought out and original.