How does watching your captain kill one of his own men raise your morale?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

emptyopen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

is this a thread about oranges and brocolli or killing teammates?

Gløry

02-22-2011

I believe the move name is rather tongue-in-cheek.

A more literal name would be, "threaten with death." But Raise Morale is funnier

SilverWolfX3

02-22-2011

How does shooting a pistol in the air a couple of times result in a massive cannon barrage?

Gustaf Brackman

02-22-2011

As a wise Commissar once said: "Guardsmen if you go to battle the enemy MIGHT kill you but if you retreat I WILL kill you"

And since you are going to die both ways better then take the 5% of surviving by fighting in the battle and since human instinct is to survive that will make fight harder (( which ofc was led by you fearing the Commissar in the first place)). OFC we are speaking about WH40K since minions don't have any emotion they are just ehh mindless minions.

EDIT: For the post above me, GP's ult clearly states that he signals for his ships to start firing a cannon barrage so it is actually his ship and he only used the pistol to signal it.

Slicx

02-22-2011

It probably comes from the fact that Generals would execute any of their men that wouldn't fight, back in the World Wars (you either got out of that trench or died in it). It may have been practiced before this as well.

To me, it's implied that the executed minion isn't fighting hard enough, and is so executed. Those that watch this obviously fight harder afterwards.

vulpixel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerFish View Post
Beatings will continue until morale improves.
THIS^

is what the name is a reference to

ButtNakedWonder

02-22-2011

If my captain randomly started shooting the group and I was a powerless minion, I'd fight hard just to encourage him not to kill me too.

Slicx

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWolfX3 View Post
How does shooting a pistol in the air a couple of times result in a massive cannon barrage?
Have you read the skill's description?

JunkRamen

02-22-2011

Their morale is raised in amazement that Gangplank just one shot a creep at level 1 without damage items.

The Bev

Recruiter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyopen View Post
is this a thread about oranges and brocolli or killing teammates?
I think people are just tired of hearing people QQ about GP deny ability. He is not an OP champ by far so why can't you guys let it go?