New Free Champion Rotation (Season One: Week 33)

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eldaris Shadusk

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prediction by Eldaris Shadusk in the week 32 thread
Let see if I can do better than 50% for week 33:

RARE - 3 champions
Mordenkaiser - He just fell off the 12 week chart this week, so I thought he would get into Week 32. With him issing the cut in week 32, I expect to see him in 33.

Nasus - I don't know if he fell through the cracks or what. But I'm really surprised he hasn't been scheduled in the past few weeks.

Shaco - Shaco was 12 weeks ago, so he falls off the 3 month calendar next week. Since he has stealth, he might fall into the Eve/Twitch category.

Irelia - Another champ at 12 weeks. She's likely for next week.

Karthus and Malphite - Both are only at 11 weeks, so I'd expect them to show up in the next 2-3 weeks. Last week Corki and this week Ezreal came up one week earlier than falling off the list.

(Note: That's 6 "rare" champs. We'll likely only see 3 of the 6, so I am cheating a little here. If I go with 3, Morde, Nassus, Irelia.)

COMMON - 3 champions
Tristana: I actually think Ashe is due for a week off her rotation next week. (She's been every other week for 12 weeks. So I'd expect Tristana as your ranged carry next week. (They could very well have both though.)

Morgana: Morgana is due up next week as well. She had her break about 6 weeks ago.

Veigar should be our Mage next week after not appearing this week.

UNCOMMON - 4 champions
Cho'gath - The big monster is due for an appearance in the tank rotation after 5 weeks off. (He seems to show every 6 weeks.)

Urgot - Urgot also seems to be about once every 6 weeks or so. The question is if he'll be called a tank again.

Gragas - We don't really need another tank, but he's due in rotation if tanks aren't selected for the rates.

Kennen - Another one who seems due for rotation.
So Irelia and Morde did show up as expected to make their first appearance in 12 weeks. (Irelia hits at 12 weeks, Morde was a week late at 13.) Kassadin and Teemo show up a little earlier than expected, but they were definately in line for rotation, both being at 11 weeks now. They'd have both been on my prediction list for next week.

On the common champs, Tristana and Veigar both showed up as expected as well. However, with an extra (4th) rare champion, one common champion gets a little more vacation, so Morgana will wait for next week.

On the uncommon champions, both Cho and Gragas showed up as predicted. Looks like Urgot and Kennen get to wait for next week. Instead we get Soraka (who I had slated for next week) and Ryze (who I should have predicted due to his remake).

So overall:
Rare Champions (once per 3 months) = 4 (Kassadin, Teemo, Morde, Irelia)
Uncommon Champs (about 1 per 4-6 weeks) = 4 (Cho'Gath, Soraka, Ryze, Gargas)
Common Champs (about 1 per 2-3 weeks) = 2 (Tristana, Veigar)

Those who complain about seeing the same champs each week should be rejoicing as we have one less commonly seen champ due to an extra rarity for the week. Nice balanced set as usual, and for me, I have 4 champs I've never played before that I get to try this week.

Mandolus

02-22-2011

good job ensuring that Irelia becomes the uncontested flavour of the month

frostymoose

02-22-2011

Where's Moakai?

The Furtle

02-22-2011

Twitch anytime soon? He hasn't been free since June....

faceyourend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

yay lots of fail ad kassadins incoming.

TaylorSvvift

02-22-2011

inb4 QQ KASSADIN OP week

bluefoxx92

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceyourend View Post
yay lots of fail ad kassadins incoming.
This

KraxisEpsilon

02-22-2011

Just bought irelia 2 hours ago

ÆIzFoShiz

02-22-2011

Irelia?
INCOMING QQ THREADS

Anzer Panzer

02-22-2011

aww and i was just starting to have fun playing irie again...

12345612 ... 21