xin versus irelia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

llllllillilllill

02-22-2011

Reasons why Irelia can be better than Xin feel free to add more:

1.) Hiten Style AKA True Damage Per Second. Even if she get's exhausted that **** is still going to be 75 True DPS.
2.) Refer back to #1, she can go defense mastery and full defensive runes and still deal damage because of 75 True DPS. Xin on the other hand, if he uses defense masteries and full defense runes, he is going to do **** damage.
3.) It's already been said that it's hard to get defense items against Irelia. Xin on the other hand get's crippled by Randuins, Frozen Heart, and Thornmail.

This is not to say that Irelia is an OP champ, I'm just stating what could possibly make Irelia better than Xin. You guys say her passive's are more reliable, but I say Xin has a more reliable ultimate that makes him worthwhile in team fights.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

it's 75 damage a hit for 6 seconds. without any AS it doesn't do very much.

and xin not doing much damage is funny.

AkumaRook

02-22-2011

Banshees Veil and Thornmail would like to have a word with u

Ifridge

02-22-2011

Irelia isn't as reliant on auto attacks as xin is, and in general I find irelia to be more durable in teamfights, and she''s better at chasing, but xin brings some great CC and his laning phase is much better.

Teamslayr

02-22-2011

Inb4 Jarvan puts both Xin and Irelia to shame next week.

fruitie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseratops View Post
You know what I really like? Periods.
thats not what she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by llllllillilllill View Post
Reasons why Irelia can be better than Xin feel free to add more:

1.) Hiten Style AKA True Damage Per Second. Even if she get's exhausted that **** is still going to be 75 True DPS.
im pretty sure it will be affected by exhaust. true damage just means that it isnt affected by armour or mr.

Kmiavdaen

02-22-2011

I main Xin currently, and hell have I learned to not solo her, even on half less hp and exhausted she still kills me. added to the list of do not solo with other outrageus characters like Mundo.

Still I don't think she is OP. Can work around her and be fine. Had her in enemy team every time today and won most of the time. Granted she is free week, but trully op character would own even played by a cat, yes?

Frjndr

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Youve proven how stupid you are.

1) I didnt say she was broken. Im saying she is more powerful then Xin Zhao.

2) The problem is that you can not itemize against her. Regardless of what you buy defensively, she does a damage type that cuts right through it.

3) She has quite a bit of CC reduction.

4) Her blink attack and her passive life gain make her laning phase EXTREMELY strong.
So to sum it up for you:

You cant CC her, you cant defend against her and she will always do well in laning phase or can catch up VERY quickly during mid game.

You dont see how that makes her better then Xin Zhao? You dont see how its not OK for someones kit to contain all of those things at the strength she has them?

REALLY?

(EDIT: Your also confusing Broken with Bugged. A broken champion is one who does not work properly. Whether it be too strong or too weak or just too annoying, all can be "broken".)
Okay, addressing bolded things.

2) While it's true that Irelia is capable of doing magic and physical damage it's not like she's going to be doing a whole lot of damage with both. You either pick damage or ap to focus on when you're building her unless it's a hybrid build, which isn't the most efficient. If she's building attack damage then get armor, if she's going ap then get magic resist.

3) Her cc reduction really doesn't do much for her unless it's in a team fight. In most team fights people target carrys because they're squishy and deal a lot of damage. If this happens then she will pretty much die, or have to run away way too soon to have made much use of her strength.

4) Her "blink" is probably the crappiest one in the entire game. Doesn't go through walls, has to target an enemy so there's little utility in escaping, doesn't go through creep waves, and is really only good to close the distance for a gank until it's at max rank or farm for a still heavy mana toll.

That being said, is she better than Xin? She can vs him and win most of the time, yeah. Did people generally think Xin was a much better asset to the team before all this Irelia hype? Yes.