Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Seeking: Siphoning Strike mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelin

01-30-2010

A) Is sipjoning strike magical or physical damage. Should I take armor penetration or magic penetration runes?

B) Pretty sure it does but need confirmation: Does it completely stack with sheen/triforce (I.E. Both the + damage and base damage from siphoning strike in the sheen calculation??)

C) And last: Sheen damage buff is it magical or physical?

Travice

01-30-2010

A) I would think magical, so you would want magic penetration runes.
B)Yes it stacks 100%
C)"+250 Mana +25 Ability Power UNIQUE Passive: 100% chance when an ability is used that your next physical attack deals 100% extra base damage. This effect has a 3 second cooldown."

This would leave me to believe it's physical, same as with triforce, somebody can correct me if I am wrong though.

As far as your runes go, even though siphoning strike is magical, I would rune for armor penetration since sheen/triforce(Again, this can change if I am wrong) are physical, armor penetration also effects your auto attack, magic penetration does not.

Kelin

01-30-2010

Quote:
Travice:
A) I would think magical, so you would want magic penetration runes.

B)Yes it stacks 100%
C)"+250 Mana +25 Ability Power UNIQUE Passive: 100% chance when an ability is used that your next physical attack deals 100% extra base damage. This effect has a 3 second cooldown."

This would leave me to believe it's physical, same as with triforce, somebody can correct me if I am wrong though.

As far as your runes go, even though siphoning strike is magical, I would rune for armor penetration since sheen/triforce(Again, this can change if I am wrong) are physical, armor penetration also effects your auto attack, magic penetration does not.

A confirmation of the siphoning strike being magic would be nice! I did think so but another confirmation would be nice. Also more comments on the armor penetration or magic penetration part =).

And I should make an armor penetration page anyway, thanks for your answer!

T8mNEiLGTw

Recruiter

01-30-2010

Since Nasus is a DPS champion, he benefits way more from armor pen then from magic pen.
The sheen/triforce bonus is also physical.

I also think that siphon deals magical damage, else the armor reduction of spirit fire would increase the dmg. And afaik it doesn't.