Leavers in 4 out of my 5 ranked games today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joftius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

So after over 100 games in ranked, my ELO is about to hit 1200 again. I do everything I possibly can to help my team win. I buy tons of wards, I try to captain the team, I have excellent map awareness and anticipation and I'm extremely accurate at pinging the location of enemy team gank setups. I have almost 400 wins in unranked, and I know how to play the game well.

Why is my ELO still 1200?

The usual explanation is "because you're not very good." I find that explanation unsatisfactory, especially considering the fact that I have about 70% win ratios with my most played champs. I played 5 games this morning trying to get my ELO back up. In 4 of those games, my team had a player who died 2 or 3 times in the first 10 minutes and then left. I 3 of those leavers were non-English speaking. In 2 of those 4 games, my team almost managed to win despite being 4v5. In the ONE MOTHER****ING GAME I've played today when my team DIDN'T have a leaver, we won very quickly.

Riot tells us that it's wonderful leaver buster system is working. Except it isn't. Not even for RANKED games. And they STILL cut our ELO when we lose with a leaver on our team. This is ridiculous.

Jasonm75

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Welcome to Ranked games !

ChickenStar7

02-22-2011

If you want your elo to climb you just have to keep on playing 100s of games, so that
bad luck scenarios like you just had only form a minor proportion of your games and hence
your true elo is less skewed by them.

That said, leavers aside, the closer you are to your true elo the harder it is to carry the team,
if you are struggling to carry in the 1200-1300 range I am afraid you will not go past 1400.
Which is nothing to be ashamed of, since that is in the top 25-10% of all ranked players.

Joftius

02-22-2011

Several games later, I am now below 1200 again.

In my last game, my team had 3 players who had never played ranked games before. I, with almost 400 unranked wins and over 100 ranked games, am forced to play with these people. They couldn't dodge a single skillshot from Nidalee or Kogmaw (who went 17 / 3 / 10 and 15 / 7 / 11 respectively), they couldn't hold their lanes, they couldn't dodge ANY harassment attempts. I am without even the slightest bit of doubt FAR more experienced, skilled, and intelligent at playing this game than them. But according to this bull**** broken ELO system, I am at their level.

Thanks Riot. If I had known this is what I would be experiencing after almost 1,000 games played, I never would have bought your ****ty game.

Blizzagá

02-22-2011

Everyone goes thru this. If the game is going poorly, people leave.

Brolafgg

02-22-2011

bad losing streaks are followed by long winning streaks.. the game is rigged ill give you back wins.

Joftius

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThundagaII View Post
Everyone goes thru this. If the game is going poorly, people leave.
[sarcasm]This original and insightful comment was definitely worth posting[/sarcasm]

Joftius

02-22-2011

I've had an epiphany. This game just isn't fun. Trying to get my ELO higher is just not worth it.

Bye

Simply Chaotic

02-22-2011

If everyone goes through what the OP is (and they do...I sure do) then that's a problem that needs to be fixed. But it won't be fixed. Riot will continue on like their wonderfu adapted Elo system works well and is a great boon to LoL.

It isn't, it sucks bad. It's complete BS and it promotes leavers/afker/griefers. Good job Riot on your awesome system.

I've given up trying to climb back up the elo ladder, its a pointless goal...no matter how well I do or how many games I play, I end up losing it all in a matter of hours/days. I'm just going to wait for season 2 and hope Riot has the sense to reset Ranked Elo. If they don't, I'm sure I'll quit LoL for HoN or maybe DotA 2...who knows.

Notrich

02-22-2011

there needs to be an IP cost to enter ranked games...