[Suggestions] revamp inhibs and SS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SanickK

02-21-2011

Inhibitor enhance:

A major thing lacking for me is how easily inhibitors can be taken out and how hard the super minions are to push back once they pour into your base. So I would like to introduce a new game mechanic, simply put if you kill a enemy hero while you are defending your base the re-spawn timer on inhibitors is reduced.

A good number Ill throw out is 15% of the maximum time, so if you can ace them while defending you get close to all 3 of your inhibs back. This is very open math what ever seem most appropriate. Whether it be a plain 20-30 sec off timer per defensive kill or a smaller amount of time taken off appreciating exponentially per defensive kill.

Defensive kill: Getting a kill on a enemy hero within the steps of your base.

The point of this all is not to make games longer, but to give a team an actual chance to come back if they got aced. Too many games Ive played where a team fight gone bad not only wipes everyone out, but the enemy hero's can walk into your base and take out all 3 inhibs. Even if they didn't take out the 2 mid turrets it still spells doom even with all 5 hero's re-spawned, the attrition from super minions is alot to handle even with no enemy hero interference.

Fortify:

Currently makes the turret take little to no damage and increases the fire rate by 50%. As far and points it only adds a splash but the splash range is much to small, say you have 1 shield minion attacking and three ranged, the hits on the shield minion wont splash enough to hurt the ranged units and fortify itself doesn't last very long to even get to the ranged.

I feel if your going to put a point into Fortify it should at least be able to take out a wave of minions. Increase the splash range and make the fortify effect last .5-1 sec longer if you put a point into it.

Additionally, when their are less towers to fortify, the duration of the effect should increase and gaining in duration for each of your own towers destroyed. (Since their is less 'power' needed to provide the shield to all the towers the remaining 'power' is given to what towers are left their for boisterising the duration of the shield.)

Summoner Skills (SS)
Ultimately I feel all summoner skill if specced into should get a small buff in addition that coordinates with the spell when on CD, for example: Clarity Gives 1 mana regen per 5 seconds when Clarity is on CD. Flash Increases your dodge by 1% while on CD. Revive If killed while SS is on CD reduces the death duration by 5%. ETC.

Additionally you could give the player that passive CD buff for placing a point into that skill regardless if they picked it as a skill to use in game. That would allow new builds instead of all the cookie cutters I've seen most people use.

Apologize for run on sentences, grammar, and/or spelling

Also check out my other post: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...37#post6340237

necaremus

02-21-2011

ah, well...

i srsly do not know if the "inhibitor enhance" would be helpfull for the "defending" team.

here is the reason why:
the advanced creeps = money.
1. you can kill more creeps than your enemy -> you can get more cash
2. the advanced creeps like to do dmg -> not so money last hits 4 enemy -> less cash for enemy.
3. jungle... in random games people do not use the jungle, when they pushed the enemy into their base.

a bad used "inhibitor"-kill often helps the defending team more than the attacking team.
i even like to wait until they for sure get the 1st inhibitor, until i attack the enemy

now, lets look at your example: you, as defending team, aced the enemy -> should the inhibitor srsly respawn or do you want the money of the undefended creeps?

fortify + ss: i agree.
i like the idea of the summoner skills :3
carity, flash, revive.
smite -> + 1dmg vs minions
heal -> 1 heal reg
ghost -> 1% + move speed
cleanse -> 1% lowered disable durations
ignite -> 1% increased ad/ap
exhaust -> 1% slow on hit
fortify -> 1 turret dmg
clairvoyance -> +1 "see" radius
rally -> "+1dmg" aura
teleport -> ??? xD

of course everything has to be balanced...^^
that's not our job ;3

SanickK

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by necaremus View Post
ah, well...

i srsly do not know if the "inhibitor enhance" would be helpfull for the "defending" team.

here is the reason why:
the advanced creeps = money.
1. you can kill more creeps than your enemy -> you can get more cash
2. the advanced creeps like to do dmg -> not so money last hits 4 enemy -> less cash for enemy.
3. jungle... in random games people do not use the jungle, when they pushed the enemy into their base.

a bad used "inhibitor"-kill often helps the defending team more than the attacking team.
i even like to wait until they for sure get the 1st inhibitor, until i attack the enemy

now, lets look at your example: you, as defending team, aced the enemy -> should the inhibitor srsly respawn or do you want the money of the undefended creeps?

fortify + ss: i agree.
i like the idea of the summoner skills :3
carity, flash, revive.
smite -> + 1dmg vs minions
heal -> 1 heal reg
ghost -> 1% + move speed
cleanse -> 1% lowered disable durations
ignite -> 1% increased ad/ap
exhaust -> 1% slow on hit
fortify -> 1 turret dmg
clairvoyance -> +1 "see" radius
rally -> "+1dmg" aura
teleport -> ??? xD

of course everything has to be balanced...^^
that's not our job ;3

the advanced creeps = money. I don't think so, even at lvl 18 those creeps are not easy to kill and you have to spend time to push them back all the while the other team is killing your jungle/dragon/epic/other lanes so I don't consider it a commodity. I still hold firm on your counter approach.

Teleport can reduce the CD of your other SS by 10% or decrease your ability cds by 5%. All other things I agree maby a bit more then 1 damage or 1% its not even worthwhile because you have to figure someone is using a whole point to give them that miniature buff. I guess I just hate cookie cutters

EpicMadness

02-22-2011

the inhibitors are fine as is, and super minions are too hard to kill, specially when you're gapped(duh you got pushed, means your enemies are stronger =P) and a couple of SS has already on-cooldown effect, similar to ignite's 10ap boost tho needs mastery to activate.

SanickK

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMadness View Post
the inhibitors are fine as is, and super minions are too hard to kill, specially when you're gapped(duh you got pushed, means your enemies are stronger =P) and a couple of SS has already on-cooldown effect, similar to ignite's 10ap boost tho needs mastery to activate.
Yes I know all of those things, the point I was trying to make is that if you do get aced I'm making a way to have a come back but that only if you can manage to kill hero's while defending your base. I want to create more strategic value on making the decision to invade the base or not.

I'm aware of ignites mini buff I just wanted to bring more of that to other skills as well, but the main point was to allow the gain of the mini buff regardless if you got that skill for your in game SS skills. This would allow many different types of builds instead of all the cookie cutters I see, even in champion spotlights.

SanickK

02-26-2011

Bump For green thumbs

Leor Unsullied

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2011

Advanced creep should give more money. Same for things like malz's robot or heimer's turrets

SanickK

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leor Unsullied View Post
Advanced creep should give more money. Same for things like malz's robot or heimer's turrets
I agree, adv. creeps are harder to kill so why do they yield less gold then minion mages?

Agreed for malz and heims, its risky and you tend to take damage to kill those things and the reward for putting yourself at risk is very low.

Xnot

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leor Unsullied View Post
Yes, the advanced creep should gove more money, but champion created minions should give less gold to make it an advantaage to the creator not to the enemy.

BTW its DEFINATELY not a robot...

UndeadRabbit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2011

I don't the inhibitor should get buffed, because as necaremus said they do give you extra gold and less to the apponent. I, however, do agree with the SS idea. That'd certainly vary up the game a little. As for Teleport's passive, you could make it like boots of mobility: +5% Movement Speed and 8 seconds out of combat. I think that would be a bit more fitting than a CDR buff.