Tiamat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archmage Ilmryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

You don't see the tiamat very often, is it worth it?

Also, does the splash damage apply on-hit effects, like poison, lifesteal, or crits?

Does the splash apply to abilities that apply on-hit effects, like ez's q?

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

The splash effect hits on any on hit that applies on hit effect, gp's parrlay, cait's ult, ez's q etc. If I remember right it turns lifesteal on aoe targets at aoe lifesteal rate of 1/3. I've scored a triple kill with one parrlay b4 but for ranged u need 2 for the aoe to do a lot. (2 Tiamat, IE, Last whisper, 2 PD gp with no boots is pretty lolz).

Carados

02-21-2011

The splash doesn't apply any on-hit effects, lifesteal is not an exception.

1ronLung

Recruiter

02-21-2011

tiamat is not a widely purchased item because it is very expensive for the medicore stats it provides. no one really benefits greatly from a tiamat, and it is usually purchased for a troll

ozzatron

02-21-2011

Yeah, I only buy it when I go GP/Nasus and the whole enemy team is squishy for lolz. It could use a buff, though its a pretty decent early game item since it builds out of hp/mana regen. Too bad both become fairly useless fairly quickly, and you need multiple Tiamats to have any serious AOE.

Teotlic

02-21-2011

What about with Kayle's E? I'm assuming they stack together somehow. Is Tiamat any more viable with a Hybrid Kayle?

Hocus

02-21-2011

they changed kayles E. now it is ranged and so it only splashes the 35%

kwjnfkjsdg

02-22-2011

the only practical use of Tiamat is to buy it for champs who seriously have trouble farming. a little splash would slightly help them kill more creeps. hardly worth the 2k though. if you have trouble farming, just get a gold/10 item.

it can be used on various on-hit skills, and may sound good on paper but in reality tiamat is incredibly situational in team fights. the only actually viable use of tiamat is on twitch's ult. i typically get it for twitch late game when i notice that the enemy team towerhugs quite a bit.

but overall it's a gimmicky item. extremely fun to mess around with in normal games though.

Sofear

02-22-2011

triple tiamat +spiritvisage + rageblade +maldreds is pretty lol on kayle

Warrrrax

02-22-2011

Tiamat is good for low level summoners who dont have the runes and masteries to take care of stuff that we 30s take for granted.

For example, a Tristana really wants some health regen and some mana regen. She doesnt need a lot, but she does want to be able to explosive shot for harassment, and occasional rocket jump.

A Tiamat lets her start with a Rejuv Bead and a Faery Charm, providing both health and mana regen. BOTH items then combine in to a Tiamat for an extra 1700 gold investment which is slightly less than a BFSword.
The combined item then expands her Explosive shot effectively, adds +42 damage, and adds 15Health regen and 4 mana regen, all in 1 item. Plus it can be built incrementally.

Unfortunately, for 2100 gold it only provides 2300 gold worth of stats plus the fairly weak splash. Most champs would rather spend 1850 and get a BFSword rather than 2100 for less overall damage and unneeded regen. After level 10-15ish, most players can farm better and will be able to go straight for the BFSword which builds into several more efficient items.