How do you get out of a Losing Streak?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daikaze

01-29-2010

You take a break from the game... I recommend a minimum of 24 hours.

x mentat x

01-29-2010

@ tyrfang. I don't know think that Kassadin is high tier... kinda at mid tier. I mean he works, and he works well. It's just that silence is more of a "disable" (in dota terms), not necessarily meant to "crowd control" in the same way as a gold card from tf, a taunt from rammus, a dark binding from morgana, a mocking shout from tryndamere. That's not to say that playing Kassadin will hinder you from a wining streak. Far from it... I think if you learn to play Kass well you will rape.

@ hotsauce. Hmm. I think I'll have to give Kat a go. Her role seems interesting. I am ignoratn of Kat to be honest, since I've been only playing AGAINST her, and not AS her.

Jugan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
I know I'll probably open myself up to a lot of scrutiny for posting this, but, a while ago, I used to be playing top 500-ish players.

I doubt I was Top 500 and I don't personally think I fall into that category at the moment, but I've had a string of losses that dropped me far enough that I haven't seen the same players I used to play frequently with.

At the moment I'm in a pit where people don't know how to itemize anymore (I just played a game that had a Trist with 3 Avarice blades and went 1/9, and then blamed mid for feeding who had the best score, albeit was Heimer...)

Any tips on what to do to get out of these losing streaks?
It always helps to start with sitting down, relaxing, and taking a break. Take a time to evaluate YOUR play - not your teammates, not your opponents, but yours and yours alone. Ask yourself: "Am I playing tight? Am I too risky in situations that I should play safe in? Am I relying on my teammates to do the 'right' move (if you view them as bad)". If you find yourself stuck with lower level teammates, it's always better to play a little safer. Play calm and collected, sometimes you need to back out in a situation that you would normally go in with the rest of your team.

Ligr

01-29-2010

I actually lost 17 games in a row once. The only solution was to premade and to play Twitch. Twitch allows for extreme early game ganking, which allows you to carry even bad players. But, aside from playing a T1-T2 champion, I would adivse you to play with a friend or two, if not with a full premade.

Tarion

01-30-2010

Its weird, my experience has been different to most. I've never mastered the knack of supercarrying. Normally, I'd take mid and be doing fine, but my lanes just couldn't hold up. Nothing more distressing than having a sidelane nearly match mid in levels and have more money because he's been fed a couple of early doublekills.

To break my losing streak, I took up Singed. Been stomping pubs with him pretty hard.

EDIT: Last game - 21/6/11. The 6 mostly came when I started diving all the way into their base (Without inhib turret still up mind) and because at that point it was a foregone conclusion.

<3 Singed. Honestly, if you're losing, go Singed. Makes everything better.

MBirk

01-30-2010

Depends on your playing habits. What "rank" you are.
Solo que:
The way high, mid and low games play out are totally different. Low is an absolute **** shoot. You never know if your team will be complete fail or not. You might have an a clear advantage, and your team will suddenly just go complete ADD and go farm, jungle, or stand in your base for 5 minutes with a tower 2s in front of you ready to die undefended.
Playing a support champ at this level can be hell due to this. If the people that you are supporting, don't know what they are supposed to do.
In low, you can super carry as some have said. Pick your main carry, and just dominate the game, but farming a bit, then being unkillable by everyone else. It is also often very viable to play a strong tank. Ideally, Alistar. People will generally follow you, and you can solo towers even if they don't. If you lose games low tier playing Alistar, you probably are the problem and deserve your loosing streak.
Mid is a bit more stable. You still get the clueless, but generally, people know when and how to press your advantages. So suddenly support and tanks become more viable. And this is the point. Still 7 out of 10 people want to play carries, and often what is lacking is good support/tanks. Anivia/alistar/soraka/rammus./sivir will often make or break games at this point. Pulling off a winning record playing one of these shouldn't be too hard.
In higher games, presumably almost everyone should have a good idea what they are doing. Pick your team well, make sure you have a few strong CC's. Gear and adapt to your opponants, work as a team. More specific advice would require more specific situations.

Remunial

01-30-2010

Well, at this point i'm assuming that you've played a good number of games. Most people switch champions every game or so in the early stages to understand them and to find out what style they like most. I would suggest picking a couple of "main" champions and sticking with them at this point. Maybe a carry, a tank, and a support or nuker. If your team is lacking any of these in the champion select then you can fill the gap. Also, i've found that sending a friend request to people that you played well with or that did well themselves helps out a lot. They won't always accept but usually they will. After a couple of days playing your friend list should have quite a few people on it and you won't have to solo queue as much. This reduces your chances of getting a horrible player on your team.

Danulas

01-30-2010

I play Twisted Fate.

He's the champ I play when I want to win games!

Otherwise, I play fun, non-OP champions like Amumu, Gangplank, Veigar, or Mundo.

WarBirth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-30-2010

sigh i used to be about +45,+50 wins over losses after i was lvl 30 for a while and then a few weeks ago i started getting the lowest elo people on the planet earth for team mates all day every day and i am now -3 and now i dont really play alot anymore just dreading the garbage i know im going to be matched with so riot needs to either fix the match making or im just not going to play anymore because playing with people THAT bad is just not worth my time anymore

XrBob

01-30-2010

I've been having some troubles recently with getting out losing streaks, but I think I've found my solution. Play sivir. She can carry a team excellently. Shuts down middle an farms like a beast. Stark's fervor plus her ult gives your team a huge advantage. Her boomerang is also quite powerful, and I got a kill on a stealth twitch who was running away, so that's cool. There many good guides, but basically ult>boomerang> ricochet=spell shield. The last two you need judgement on, if the enemy is hitting you spells, pick shield, if it's dps then go with ricochet. Chalice, boots based on match (usually mercs or bersekz) starks, and from there some sort of neat damage item, I'm currently liking last whisper.