How do you get out of a Losing Streak?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x mentat x

01-29-2010

I completely agree with debris, about playing your best hero and "manning up". I like to play practice games and try to really tweak builds and strategies so that when it's time for normal games I'm good to go.

I also second DeanKeaton259's comment about team composition. If your team is lacking a real carry, pushing power, etc then your chances of winning are real hindered. I understand skill being involved but team composition is HUGE in not only teamfights but what happens after the dust has settled.

and careful about playing Kass. He's my main and although playing him well and going on killing sprees with him will weaken the team, he just can't take down those towers like a physical carry can. Now if you can rally your teammates to push after winning a team battle, that's different. Say if you were Yi, Shaco, or Tristana and you owned, and got fed. You head over to their tower and destroy it under 15 seconds late game. You can't do that with Kass, though you can add a lichbane in there late game. Clearing creeps quickly with pulse can help too, but sadly being a caster he's no tower killer.

**edit** it seems that ap will be factored in when calculating damage to towers. So the above observation may not be correct pretty soon. OH boy I'm excited... ( https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=50641 )

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
Sadly my best hero is Katarina. I'm playing Kassadin to replace her.
Mysterious loss streak just got less mysterious.

Amaterasuomikami

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyHero View Post
I think weve stumbled upon a Scooby Doo style mystery!

Tyrfang

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyHero View Post
Nah my loss streak was earlier when I was playing with Kat.

I just couldn't win, it was terrible. =(

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

Nbd

x mentat x

01-29-2010

lol @ above posts. They're right ya know. I really haven't played Kat at all but I can say this from the experience dealing with Katarinas and from what I've read...

* only her ult is great. And that can be stopped, or avoided by anyone who bothers to avoid it.
* she can harass early, but that's early game. After that she has no CC. And she's squishy.

and as much as I LOVE LOVE kass... he's not your go-to guy if you want to win games and straight up dominate. My win ... lemme check this.... wait a second... ok.

with kass, 70 wins, 54 losses. with anivia, 19 wins, 9 losses. Maybe that's just b/c I haven't played as many games with Anivia as I have Kassadin, but I'll tell you that while I favor Kassadin b/c he's a badass darth vader, he doesn't have as many favorable qualities as anivia.

Why am I stating this? While skill will get you far with champions, there is a definite reality that some champions are better than others. For example, Anivia has THREE crowd controlling skills, flash frost, crystalize, and glacial storm. Kassadin has... pulse?

Try learning one of the more common "high tier" champions (and there's plenty to pick from, so you don't have to feel pigeon-holed into picking someone you don't like) and seeing how that goes.

x mentat x

01-29-2010

lol @ above posts. They're right ya know. I really haven't played Kat at all but I can say this from the experience dealing with Katarinas and from what I've read...

* only her ult is great. And that can be stopped, or avoided by anyone who bothers to avoid it.
* she can harass early, but that's early game. After that she has no CC. And she's squishy.

and as much as I LOVE LOVE kass... he's not your go-to guy if you want to win games and straight up dominate. My win ... lemme check this.... wait a second... ok.

with kass, 70 wins, 54 losses. with anivia, 19 wins, 9 losses. Maybe that's just b/c I haven't played as many games with Anivia as I have Kassadin, but I'll tell you that while I favor Kassadin b/c he's a badass darth vader, he doesn't have as many favorable qualities as anivia.

Why am I stating this? While skill will get you far with champions, there is a definite reality that some champions are better than others. For example, Anivia has THREE crowd controlling skills, flash frost, crystalize, and glacial storm. Kassadin has... pulse?

Try learning one of the more common "high tier" champions (and there's plenty to pick from, so you don't have to feel pigeon-holed into picking someone you don't like) and seeing how that goes.

Tyrfang

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by x mentat x View Post

Kassadin has Silence (Null Sphere) and Pulse.

I wish his other (W) skill was less useless, but since when is Kassadin not "high tier"?

HotsauceShoTYME

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by x mentat x View Post

I am primarily a Kat player and I can tell you from many games Katarina's strength is not her ult. It is
-her ability to control the early and mid game and farm like a fothermucker so that she presents a late game threat and she will draw enemy attention which you can use to your advantage.
-She takes a load off the late game carry early since they can then farm themselves to godliness

Kat is not squishy if you build her right IE frozen mallet is a must and it gives you a much needed snare. KI shunpo adds alot of survival if you use it defensively instead of setting up a DL.

Zeero

01-29-2010

I had a very similar situation to what the OP is seeing. I solved it by doing two things:

1.) Learn to play a carry really well

2.) play that carry for about 100 games in a row

I first started with Tristana and started to win once i learned how to play her. Then I switched to Trynd and started winning even more. If you know how to play a carry really well it can almost make up for having stupid people on your team. At least 1-2 stupid people. Any more than that and you'll still lose albeit with a good score.

Last night I lost a game while playing as Trynd and I was 29-11-15. My team was so ******ed they couldn't handle even something simple like defense when I would die....