What is better 3's Players or 5's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iTzTruth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

My friend and i have had a long standing discussion that 3s players are much better than 5's when i disagree, it takes so much more skill to do a 5s and so much more coordination. Any Opinions on this matter?

Courier Lord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

Balanced around 5s. So no, being awesome at an imbalanced game mode does not make you better.

Insemination

02-22-2011

if by better you mean better in terms of IP/exp farming, then 3's are the way to go.

Trazier

02-23-2011

Logic dictates that the more people you have to coordinate with, the higher the difficulty is, and thus the higher skill is required to participate at. Or, if you prefer a 1 letter/number answer...

'5s'

WetCurryFart

02-23-2011

Go play a 3's, ganks are notoriouse and wards dont always help, the map is so small you can go end to end without boots in 10-15 seconds, where as in 5s imo are much easier.. 3s takes alot more co-operation.

But aswell in a 5s it takes abit...

3's imo

Hawk

02-23-2011

mmmm I'd say fives are harder to prepare, since you need to have a well coordinated team and system and roles in a team fight as well as the jungle issue as well as more map awareness, but threes players take more direct skill for controling the map and getting ganks in. The map is so much smaller so you need to think of teams that can control it, zone it, and win team fights. Threes puts you in combat almost every minute while fives take more carful planning. Can't compare the two

Skwid1g

02-23-2011

Completely different playstyles and require completely different skill sets.

IGotta

02-23-2011

100% 5's players are better

Eppa

02-24-2011

5s are more timing based, mid 6, dragon, buffs, baron, side 6, warding timing etc.
3s are a lot less based on timings. Wards help but aren't as key and fights are imo harder (no R to win and less clear focusing.)

5 are more knowledged based while 3 are more "on the spot" based

HairySurpriseKid

02-26-2011

I'd probably have to say 5 man premade > 3 man premade > solo queue

and i'll disagree with anyone saying wards arn't important in 3's. Assuming two teams of equal skill the team that bought wards wins especially in 3's.
Timings are equally important and i'd add that one of the hardest thing to do with 5's is have 5 people you can play with regularily enough to know thier tendancies and synergize with. It's simply easier to play with 2 players alot and coordinate than with 4.