Malzahar VS Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

I have played my share of games with both Karthus and Malzahar, but I still can't decide which one is better. Malzahar has a suppression, but Karthus has sustained damage and global ult. Elementz put Malzahar further up on both of his tier lists, so guys help me here, which one is better and why?

Carados

02-21-2011

Mal'Zahar is a nuker, Karthus is a carry. You can't 1v1 compare them.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Mal'Zahar is a nuker, Karthus is a carry. You can't 1v1 compare them.
...since when was Karthus considered a "carry"?
Once and seemingly forever again...you are wrong.

Giltia Zero

02-21-2011

Malz isn't as easily counter as Karthus. But at the same time, Malz only has damage and 1v1 ability to his name.

Carados

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post
...since when was Karthus considered a "carry"?.
Since forever?

Carry is sustained damage. Nuker is burst. Karthus has no burst damage, all of his damage is sustained.

I'd suggest you learn some basic game theory:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=237576

My question is "How isn't Karthus a carry?"

Azaer

02-21-2011

They're just very different champions.Karthus is superior from an overall tactical point of view, but Malz will probably be much better for teamfights...

AKA its comparing two very different champions, they're both good so it just depends on what the team you're on needs.

Tha Dynamite

02-21-2011

Quote:
Since forever?

Carry is sustained damage. Nuker is burst. Karthus has no burst damage, all of his damage is sustained.

I'd suggest you learn some basic game theory:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=237576

My question is "How isn't Karthus a carry?"
Karthus has no burst damage...? Right...

How isn't Karthus a carry? Because his damage doesn't scale significantly with AP, like all other casters. Carries are champions that gain a certain amount of money and items and be guaranteed the lion's share of the damage dealt from a team. Karthus is not one of them.

Carados

02-21-2011

Quote:
Karthus has no burst damage...? Right...
He doesn't. All of his damage is sustainable, except for his ult.

Nukes are damage that can't be sustained over a long period of time.
Quote:
Carries are champions that gain a certain amount of money and items and be guaranteed the lion's share of the damage dealt from a team. Karthus is not one of them.
In addition to this being false, this is a terrible definition of carry that means literally every damage champion is a carry. "A carry is a champion that scales better then other champions, based on an arbitrary line I define!"

A role is WHAT YOU DO. What does a carry do? Sustained damage. All champions who do that are carries.

"Scaling" isn't a thing you can actively do in team fights.

The definition your using comes from DotA, where only sustained damage champions scaled.

Again, learn some game theory.

ZidenVentania

02-21-2011

Like above sayd, Karthus not a carry since items dont bonus him so hard to have a powerfull late game effect. Karth is very easy countered, and malīs got a supress a silence and a %max life damage, i belive hes way more viable to serious games then karthus. Both of em get kills easy, just knowing how to play.

Having a +1 bonus ap doesnt make a character a carry like Nunu, but having low attack power and low ap bonuses doesnt make a character carry at all. Karthus is no carry, never will be. Carryes are champions that benefits more from items, therefore gets stronger late game. Karthus damages are not really high bonuses, so he dont fed up items so well like some others do, therefore hes not a carry. Its simple and this isnt a LoL concept , it just came from Dota.

Tha Dynamite

02-21-2011

Quote:
He doesn't. All of his damage is sustainable, except for his ult.
Being able to sustain damage doesn't make a champion a carry. Where are you coming up with this? So Mundo is a carry now? All his damage can be sustained too.

[quote]In addition to this being false, this is a terrible definition of carry that means literally every damage champion is a carry. "A carry is a champion that scales better then other champions, based on an arbitrary line I define!"
Any damage champion scales well with items? What are you talking about? All casters do not scale well with items and are significantly stronger when they are in the mid levels.
Carries are meant to be the main damage-dealers in the end game, who scales well with items.
Karthus does not scale well with items and does a lot less damage late-game compared to his mid-game.
Quote:
A role is WHAT YOU DO. What does a carry do? Sustained damage. All champions who do that are carries.
I'm starting to get pissed at how blatantly you ignore logic.
What does a carry do? CARRY THE TEAM. That is why a carry does. Not "sustained damage=carry."