Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Solo 1v1 Top/Mid Counterpicking GUIDE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Planarian

02-21-2011

Quote:
Dakkas:
Kat always stomped me hard when I was Sivir

What he said.

I main Sivir, and have played her for all but maybe 10 games out of the 250-ish I've played all the way to lvl 29.

Kat is a hard counter to Sivir. I'm not the world's best Sivir but I'm decent. Anivia, Vlad, anyone else is not a problem for me anymore but Kat? She rips me a new one if the player is even moderately competent. She's able to take BB's to the face and soak them up with higher HP and (usually) more starting HP pots, I can't zone her with steady little ticks of ricochets as I do with other champs with range advantages (her blade throw +healing debuff counters and is a ricochet of her own), and she can close fast with great range with Shunpo so hanging back and last-hitting/harassing with BB isn't as viable.

muusbolla

02-21-2011

Dr. Mundo can easily 1v1 lane many champions, and I usually take solo top when I play him, assuming we have a jungler. He is also an excellent 1v2 champ if the other team doesn't have a jungler - getting his ult early means he can never be laned out. His only weaknesses are champions with heal or those who can indefinitely outrange him or hurt him without exposing themselves to Cleaver.

In summary - Dr. Mundo is weak against:
Vlad
Nidalee
Heimerdinger
Malzahar
Gangplank
Malphite
Anivia
Kayle
Zilean
Katarina

Even matchup with:
Mordekaiser

And pretty much wrecks everyone else in a 1v1 lane.

White Mongoose

Recruiter

02-21-2011

Morgana is a great counter to any heim.

And Kat is a good counter to mundo.

GeneralStan

02-21-2011

Malphite is pretty good counter to most of the standard solo mid choices.

Captain Rakowski

02-21-2011

I haven't tested this much, but I think Xin Zhao has a good match-up vs Katarina. His EQW combo can harass pretty well, and keeps her having to use Shunpo to escape. If they mash ults against each other, Xin ends up ahead, and has a knockup to cancel the Lotus. Again, I haven't tested this too much, but it seems to work out so far. Maybe some experience Kat players can comment?

Carados

02-21-2011

Nidalee: Cho'Gath, Fiddlesticks, Akali.

Maxmatical

02-21-2011

From my experience, Kassadin makes a pretty good counter to Corki from lvl 6 onward. Unless the Corki built a defensive item (very unlikely), 1 combo from Kassadin can drop Corki below 40-30%, which will force him to either recall or die.

pc dude

02-21-2011

vlad is not really a good counter to anivia. he's easy to keep range on (as anivia) and he does not really hit hard enough to be a danger if your low on hp even at your tower, because even if he dives, he cannot take out your egg after he takes you out. the best counter to anivia is anyone who can close a gap fast like xin or katrina. caitlyn is also a pretty decent counter early to mid lane just because she can match your range but hits harder w/ her autoattack.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

02-21-2011

Any range carry can be shut down by almost any melee with a closer.

muusbolla

02-21-2011

Quote:
White Mongoose:
Morgana is a great counter to any heim.

And Kat is a good counter to mundo.

Good point. **** that healing debuff.