Solo 1v1 Top/Mid Counterpicking GUIDE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunflame

02-21-2011

Chogath counters Pantheon really well... also counters Annie.

It can also be used to counter sivir if the chogath is very very good. Like me xD

Rammus hates true damage... It is his major weakness... also he hates silences and not being able to CC... because of all this

Rammus: Irelia, Olaf, Chogath.

RiotMumble

Player Management Coordinator

02-21-2011

I first wanted to say this is a great idea and interesting thread.

My two cents on Vlad would be people with heal reduction. Kat's KI is awesome and MF's w ability. I would also add nid as a good counter because she can heal and just keep jabbing him with her auto.

Crostol

02-21-2011

mm KENNEN can counter anyone, i only have troubles against kartus and a good gragas

shubomber

02-21-2011

Why shouldn't Soraka be on this list? She's obviously best used as a babysitter but she can actually rock a solo side or even mid lane way better than Sivir can. Plus all the solo gold and XP will make her teammates very hard to kill.

Also, Kennen makes for a very effective Heimer counter. And Heimer is pretty much a hard counter for Ez and Tryn. Also I think Nunu could probably make the solo lane list. He'll have a lot of counters himself, but he could definitely counter Akali and maybe a couple of others.

Aratarin

02-21-2011

Your list is missing a few champions.

xahhfink6

02-21-2011

Swain beats vlad in lane at any level, preult his harass outdamages him, postult he outheals his harass, even at level 7/9

Only person I've seen hold a lane against my urgot is a really defensive kennen

TL Frolo

02-21-2011

kat is not countered by kassi malz or leblanc x:

Doriantv

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
Chogath counters Pantheon really well... also counters Annie.

It can also be used to counter sivir if the chogath is very very good. Like me xD

Rammus hates true damage... It is his mayor weakens... also he hates silences and not being able to CC... because of all this

Rammus: Irelia, Olaf, Chogath.
If Cho'Gath tries to use Q on Sivir, she will use E and say "yay free mana".

If Cho'Gath tried to use W (PbAoE Silence) on Sivir, he will have to eat a Boomerang getting there, and she still might use her E successfully.

If you have any insights on how to beat a Sivir of equal skill as Cho'Gath, I would love to hear them.

Gunflame

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
If Cho'Gath tries to use Q on Sivir, she will use E and say "yay free mana".

If Cho'Gath tried to use W (PbAoE Silence) on Sivir, he will have to eat a Boomerang getting there, and she still might use her E successfully.

If you have any insights on how to beat a Sivir of equal skill as Cho'Gath, I would love to hear them.
That's why you need a brain when playin Chogath vs Sivir:

- Boomerang does NOTHING to a properly setup Chogath. I feast on boomerangs. You just need to get to lvl 2 real fast and start harassing sivir. I literally just ignore whatever boomerangs they throw at me.

- You just walk in.. throw silence then rupture, then autoattack with spikes. She takes WAY more than than you take and she can't regen it nearly as fast as you do.

Here is how my game goes:
- 0/27/3 masteries, teleport, flash
- MR/lvl blues, MP5 or HP flat quints, Armor yellow (or was mp5 i cant recall), MPen red.
- Regrowth Pendant as first item.
- Rupture lvl 1
- Go to your lane 1v1 sivir, last hit ALL 6 minions (or at least 4).
- Lvl up. Get Vorpal spikes
- Go and Melee atack sivir. Just walk to her and attack her. Of course keep an eye on minions so you don't lose your last hit. But litteraly walk to her ignore her puny boomerang and autoattack her 1-2 times, go back to last hitting, then try to keep harassing her.
- Once you get 400 gold, teleport back, buy philosopher stone and go back to your lane to own that sivir.

A few fun facts:
- Your lvl 2 autoattack with lvl 1 vorpal does 58 physical + 20 Magic damage total of 65 after resist. Her boomerang blade might hit you 2 times for 57 each time.
- You can pretty much ignore minion damage. They only hit you for 3-5 a piece (even less). - You get about 20 HP/5 because of regrowth pendant and masteries. She gets less than 5.
- You heal when you kill a minion 40 HP at lvl 1. Kill 3 minions = 120 HP. Boomerang completely negated.
- Her boomerang uses mana... your autoattack doesn't
- She might try to use spell shield when you get close... Just don't cast anything until you see she used it. Once you get silence it is a complete guessing game for her, since it is extremely fast. You control the flow of the battle.
- Once you hit lvl 3 you can go Silence->Rupture. She can't do anything about it.
- Level up Feral Scream for a longer duration. If you feel it is necesary (usually 2-3 points are enough)

Chogath can handle sivir extremely well, but you need to cover your basics.

Revive Is OP

02-21-2011

Add kassadin and janna to every line.