AP Kayla ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

02-20-2011

Not as much as a Lich Bane or a Death Cap will.

70 extra damage on an attack sure with a 15% chance sure is worth 4k gold.

Buy a ****ing Ghostblade if you want crit..

Nerdrage

02-20-2011

The build is good, though i'd do it in a different order personally.

Gunflame

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Not as much as a Lich Bane or a Death Cap will.

70 extra damage on an attack sure with a 15% chance sure is worth 4k gold.

Buy a ****ing Ghostblade if you want crit..
Carados:
- Review my ranked game history.
- Review the amount of physical damage and magic damage dealt
- You will see that Kayle does more physical damage than Magic damage.
- Trinity for is amazing for kayle... higher movement speed, higher attack speed, a mana free slow, crits and more HP (I always seem to survive with less than 100 HP every time xD).

Anyways my current build is something like

- Doran
- Guinsoo
- Boots
- Black cleaver
- Malady
- Deathcap/Gunblade/IE/Madreds/Ghostblade/Morello/Trinity/Lichbane/Last Whispers/Starks (never get this far)
- Banshee/Guardian Angel

JdubC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

There's no reason to get CDR boots in that build. You'll have maxed CDR with runes/masteries/Nashors.

TheSex

02-21-2011

It's Kayle btw.

Numbat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
Carados:
- Review my ranked game history.
You're at 1266 according to the ladder with ~800 games played. You kinda just shot yourself in the foot in terms of trying to make yourself look like a big shot with more authority than the rest of us. Good job.

Both lichbane *and* trinity force are bad item choices for Kayle since she's DPS and support, not burst/ability spamming. But of the two TF is stupider for an AP Kayle build for obvious reasons which you seem to have missed.

If your AP > 160 at level 18 then lichbane proc will do more damage than TF proc. Lichbane is also cheaper, also gives survivability, and also gives move speed (which you already have on Kayle to begin with). The only thing that's missing is that horrible chance slow that you can't rely on, but ironically both TF and lichbane give you mana so why are you relying on a chance slow instead of Q.

Oh yeah I forgot crit, but only Tryndamere can possibly build crit and still be dps/gold efficient without an infinity edge because his Q gives him damage + crit damage. People get GB on guys like Xin not because of the crit but for the CDR, attack speed, damage, and armor pen.

Senior Recruiter

02-23-2011

what i do on kayle late game is start switching out all my damage items for gunblades, so if the game goes on long enough i get like 3-4 gunblades and rape face

Gunflame

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbat View Post
You're at 1266 according to the ladder with ~800 games played. You kinda just shot yourself in the foot in terms of trying to make yourself look like a big shot with more authority than the rest of us. Good job.

Both lichbane *and* trinity force are bad item choices for Kayle since she's DPS and support, not burst/ability spamming. But of the two TF is stupider for an AP Kayle build for obvious reasons which you seem to have missed.

If your AP > 160 at level 18 then lichbane proc will do more damage than TF proc. Lichbane is also cheaper, also gives survivability, and also gives move speed (which you already have on Kayle to begin with). The only thing that's missing is that horrible chance slow that you can't rely on, but ironically both TF and lichbane give you mana so why are you relying on a chance slow instead of Q.

Oh yeah I forgot crit, but only Tryndamere can possibly build crit and still be dps/gold efficient without an infinity edge because his Q gives him damage + crit damage. People get GB on guys like Xin not because of the crit but for the CDR, attack speed, damage, and armor pen.

1st) You actually think I was trying to make myself like an authority? My points was VERY simple. KAYLE DOES MORE PHYSICAL DAMAGE THAN MAGIC DAMAGE. You can check my history and both physical and magic and you will notice she does more physical damage

2nd) Lichbane and trinity force are NOT bad choice... it is just that are better choices. Both items can be built to supplement your DPS quite well.

3rd) You talk about AP and COMPLETELY neglect AD. Triforces does 150% of your MODIFIED damage. So if you have 200 damage you need at least 300 AP for Lichbane to do more "proc"damage. But you are completely ignoring the extra attack speed from Trinity force and critical.

15% critical is about 15% extra multiplicative damage. It is like bringing your 200 attack to 260 damage. Also an aditional 30% attack speed is about 0.2 attacks per second. If you assume a base of 200 damage/attack your get an aditional 15% from critical to 260 and about 50 damage per second from attack speed. So if you have 200 AD you need about 400 AP for Lichbane to be more effective than Trinity force.

Is it possible to have a 500 AP with 200 AD Kayle? well possible it is... but it is not common.

I have absolutely no clue where you got your random 160 AP number...so completely random and clueless without context at all. Either way (and completely disregarding the gold cost) TF is better than LB until your AP is about twice your AD.

*note: just because a coach is not the best player in a team, it doesn't mean his advice is clueless.