Soraka Tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krusiv

02-20-2011

I want to start playing Soraka and I was wonderin' if you folks had any tips for me? Anything from item builds to general rule of thumbs is appreciated.

Cenerae

02-20-2011

Early game is when Soraka can actually deal damage and harrass well. You can combo Starcall>autoattack>Infuse on someone for surprisingly good burst damage and harrass forever with Infuse's mana heal fueling Astral Blessing heals. Let your lane partner take most of the minions unless they've proven they don't know how to lane (ie, they are autoattacking the minions mindlessly), since a farmed Soraka is not as gamechanging as a farmed anything else. Once you hit 6 try to watch other lanes so you can try and turn fights around, or save allies with Wish.

In teamfights you want to conserve Infuse to use on a channelling spell, while hanging back and using your heal on whoever is focused. Save Wish for when everyone's been damaged a lot, or to try and save one person if you think it might do so. Alternate use for Infuse is to hit an initiator like Rammus or Malphite with it when they move forward to initiate on your team. They'll run forward a little longer, right into your team and then realise they can't cast anything. Then your team will be able to beat them down quickly, or retreat to a safer distance. Starcall whenever you can to apply the debuff.

Item wise, there's 3 ways to go. Pure AP (good healing, but very fragile), tanky CDR (able to stay in the fight for a long time to Starcall, and can keep her buffs and debuffs up much better because of 40% CDR), or aurabot (tanky, but usually less so, and has less CDR, but provides a lot of useful auras instead).

Mastery setup should either be 0/9/21 or 0/21/9. Soraka's damage output is too small to make the 9 in offence worth a lot, but she benefits a lot from both the tankiness in the defence tree, and the bonuses from utility, so decide what's more important to you. Good summoner spells include Heal (to combine with Wish for a stronger burst aoe heal), Ghost, Flash, Clairvoyance.

Skill build, you want to level W and E first as needed, with 1 in Q at lvl 3 and maxing it last. If you want an aggressive harrass build, level Q and E evenly, with 1 point in W when you think it's necessary. The former build is good for babysitting your partner, the latter build is good for putting out a lot of early game pressure in exchange for weaker support.

ByakuyaYO

02-20-2011

Another thing to add, Soraka is only as good as her team. You need someone in your lane who can harass well, and benefit from her mana restoration.

Other than that, Cer pretty much covered it.

League of Legends blog: http://riotoflegends.blogspot.com/

Sofear

02-20-2011

wow, i swear i have read both of those reply's somewhere else.

are they both cut n paste replys you 2?

anyway my main and 1st champion i ever purchased in lol + skins. was soraka.
not that means jack
however it does say that of my time playing LOL the champ ive had and prob played the most is soraka.

#1 tip for soraka

"SHE CAN DO ANYTHING'

you can literally play any style u want with her
her range and attack speed is nice on her auto attacks. u can work with that if u want.
i often think of wits end for some mr + remove there mana. just to be that extra more annoying. any pro will know whats going on. yeah! shutdown.
also silence if you can time it like a pro. you will officially be the most anoying champion to lane against. and at the same time the most loved.
ive taken down ryz'es / ez's etc just by timing your silence i would say is the main part.

tank . omg. she can tank better than cho. (even though he's a mage most think he's a tank, so ha. just makin a point)

her passives and abilities really work with the team well. esp with a aegis.
health + mana to team mates. YES PLS.
(how many times have u seen a push turn into a retreat, from a simple soraka silence.) haha.
although

things to look out for

NOOB lane partners. seriously.they will drive you nuts.

its like. "hey your going B for what. 700 g? and some mana." seriously. we've been in teh lane 4 minutes. YOU ARE LANING WITH SORAKA YOU KNOW? nope. noobs' who b to often.. dont waste your mana on them.

or

the dps or mages on your team who abandon the fight midway because they are only thinking of themselves. mean while the support class is risking life or limb. and keeping the team alive. is suddenly oom or abilities on CDR. no room for escape.

meanwhile your teammates weren't giving it there all because they saved abilities or summoner spells to escape with. meaning its death for you, while your team escapes.

thats when you get rid of all your ap items. and build tank. and dont heal anyone or give anyone mana. seriously. players like that. i have learnt to not even waste my time on.

another soraka fun spot i had. before the loss of locket and other soft caps.

was CDR + Mana regen build. spamming starcall like once ever .9 or .8 of a sec @ one stage. before uber nerfs. if i remember correctly.

Sofear

02-20-2011

*******http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr309/holsis_yolswa/noobteam.jpg********

hah the game right after posting this. my team was so how should i say this..> AWESEOME <

i killed every one of them apart from blitz. and usually it was 2v1 against me. while i was alone. and my noob team mates running away.
i even tower dived 2 of them and killed them. hahahah WISH FTW