Not enough good heroes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xrats

01-29-2010

Do u think some heroes out there are just not good enough or they miss something to become better?

From my point of view,i think Veigar should be buffed.I dont think his abilities are something special while there are many other better support heroes/mages out there to choose instead of him.I have never seen any Veigar player do something good in battle or change the favor of battle.Is it cause he isnt a so good hero or it happens i havent seen a good Veigar player yet?

For example,why not choose Annie for example and choose him?Every hero must have something better from others,right?What is the strong point of Veigar to make me choose him instead of so many other mages?

Jimmyjames

01-29-2010

Vei has a higher damage late game. annie is so-so at 18

Mpalm

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjames View Post
Vei has a higher damage late game. annie is so-so at 18
Totally wrong.

As for the OP, yes, veigar is pretty terrible... but there's a decent amount of champions and there are much bigger issues with balance at the moment so it's tough to balance out everything. However, there's a good amount of champions that are viable... but also a handful of champions that are game breaking and we really need bandraft.

Either way, this isn't really a Guide/strategy post.

Iknosis

01-29-2010

From my experiences playing Veigar he is insane. Annie isn't too powerful at 18, but early and mid game she absolutely owns.

Honch

01-29-2010

I've played about 50 games with Veigar. Late game I've reached 900+ ap a few times depending if i managed to keep all 20 stacks on soulstealer (Deathfire at 900 ap- think about it)My late game average is only ~700 ap. Event Horizon is a great ability in escaping and catching a fleeting team or player. Dark matter in the later levels can wipe out most of a wave if placed properly, it hits heroes very hard as well. Veigar may not be able to kill the entire team, get triple kills,ect.. and will have a hard time doing so. His ult stacks very well with ap, you can almost one shot people at full health depending on hp/res. Viegar is a anti-caster for the most part, he can still wreck other hero classes. tanks not so much.
If you don't do well with viegar for most of the early-mid game you will have a hard time.
--
Viegar isn't a win all games hero and likely you will get some really badmatch ups, end up laning with a tank or someone without mana.
Usually, decent ability/skill and a balanced team are key to doing well with alot of heroes, and its a lot easier when you get that one guy on your team owning to carry the team - not saying its always the case. One guy wont win the game usually. I know viegar can't always. I've been through many games where I can't do anything even with like 12-3 or even 24-6 because the team as a whole couldn't take the other team sucessfully. The teams that can push win, yea.... duh .
- viegar can't push towers, but he can push waves with some degree of ease.

kastr

01-29-2010

whoever said veigar sucks needs to play against some better veigars, veigar can do alot for a team but he can't carry, like many mages hes just there to nuke.
hes pretty much the opposite of annie.

veigar CAN change the tide in team fights it all depends on placement of his event horizon, he can stun everyone in the opposite team if they are all bunched together, even if they aren't he can place his even horizon directly on top of the enemy's most threatening character. His event horizon can keep the enemies sitting ducks as they run around in the middle or risk getting stunned. in team fights timing his meteor is also crucial, in team fights theres not alot of running around so everyones pretty close together and a meteor can change the entire battle starting the enemy team with maybe half their health instead of a full bar.

if he can pull off his ult with a baleful strike he'll quickly turn the battle from a 5v5 to a 4v5

Mpalm

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastr View Post
whoever said veigar sucks needs to play against some better veigars, veigar can do alot for a team but he can't carry, like many mages hes just there to nuke.
hes pretty much the opposite of annie.

veigar CAN change the tide in team fights it all depends on placement of his event horizon, he can stun everyone in the opposite team if they are all bunched together, even if they aren't he can place his even horizon directly on top of the enemy's most threatening character. His event horizon can keep the enemies sitting ducks as they run around in the middle or risk getting stunned. in team fights timing his meteor is also crucial, in team fights theres not alot of running around so everyones pretty close together and a meteor can change the entire battle starting the enemy team with maybe half their health instead of a full bar.

if he can pull off his ult with a baleful strike he'll quickly turn the battle from a 5v5 to a 4v5
Veigar is actually pretty weak and his cooldowns are far too long for him to be of any use. After you cast your spells you are pretty much auto attacking for the rest of the battle. He's better than ryze and janna but that's about it in terms of casters.

BobiusMaximus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-29-2010

Veigar has an epic stun.

Dark Matter is awesome, but Merc Treads means he loses about 1k of damage which makes him unviable against good players, unfortunately. <3 Veigar, was the first champ I bought.

CTHDRL

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
Veigar is actually pretty weak and his cooldowns are far too long for him to be of any use. After you cast your spells you are pretty much auto attacking for the rest of the battle. He's better than ryze and janna but that's about it in terms of casters.

This.

Annie, Fiddle, Karthus and Anivia are the only viable casters when you are referencing players who know what they're doing. (Excluding TF here)

I wish less people would post pretending they know what they're talking about just because they used a champ and roflstomped scrubs.

Avloren

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
This.

Annie, Fiddle, Karthus and Anivia are the only viable casters when you are referencing players who know what they're doing. (Excluding TF here)

I wish less people would post pretending they know what they're talking about just because they used a champ and roflstomped scrubs.
Not that I disagree, but I'm curious - what does Karthus bring to a team that makes him viable? The benefits of Annie's burst and aoe stun, or Fiddle/Anivia's excellent aoe damage and CC/support abilities are obvious. Seems like Karthus' CC is terrible compared to any of the other three, and even if his damage is respectable, the others put out great damage too and burst better, the only unique advantage Karthus seems to have is the ult - and I'd rather count on Anivia/Fiddle's ability to CC and destroy an enemy team outright than Karthus' ability to finish off runners with low hp. What makes Karthus at all comparable?