Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rune Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cH9

02-20-2011

I'd just like a little bit of advice for my first set of full runes.

At 20, I'll be buying a set of runes and I'd like it to be defensive oriented as well as something that could alternate between all sorts of characters with ease. I've decided to do this instead of building my initial plan for jungling so all champions I play are at least decent.

Anyone have a build like such that I could take a glance at or have any input?

RiotMumble

Player Management Coordinator

02-20-2011

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the runes. It's a lot of IP to spend on something you simply won't use at lvl 30. as far as runes that work for everyone goes. I would buy health quints and mana regen.

if you are willing to go offensive Armor pen reds and magic pen reds are bread and butter for pretty much all champs.

Hope that helps.

also the health quints are pricey (because of how solid they are) so maybe just saving up and buying those for when you hit 30 is the way to go.

cH9

02-20-2011

Quote:
MumbleGrumble:
Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the runes. It's a lot of IP to spend on something you simply won't use at lvl 30. as far as runes that work for everyone goes. I would buy health quints and mana regen.

if you are willing to go offensive Armor pen reds and magic pen reds are bread and butter for pretty much all champs.

Hope that helps.

also the health quints are pricey (because of how solid they are) so maybe just saving up and buying those for when you hit 30 is the way to go.

Thanks for the advice, and I was thinking that as well. I'm really not sure if I should just buy a bunch of the champs, since I only have the ones from the collectors pack, or grab runes.

I will at least get health and mana runes though, thanks again.