Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lux, CD Redux, and High ELO play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMellow3

02-20-2011

I've recently gotten back into playing Lux after going 3-17 the first week she was released. Now that I know how to play her, her strengths and weaknesses, and all that jazz, I do great each game with her. Usually 10-20 assists and 5-10 kills, few deaths.

With Morello's Evil Tome out, and the default build for Lux being Boots of Lucidity and Runes giving CD reduction, I'm debating the usefulness of having any CD reduction runes at all. Or possibly dropping boots of lucidity for sorc's shoes. I started building Morello's into my Lux and I easily hit CD cap (Ulti on a 24 sec CD). This is with lucidity though. Anyone else have some good new builds that incorporate Morello's or am I being dumb using it?

What I don't understand is how she is not seen more in high ranked games, or in the pro circuit. My guess is that it has to do with the same reason that we don't see Evelynns. But I think Lux is totally viable as a great support caster. Great CC, great AoE, awesome Ulti, and a mediocre shield that CAN save people. What are other opinions on this matter?

Carados

02-20-2011

Just going to stop you.

Morello's is DFG with 15 more AP and without the active.

The active is better on every champion in the game then the AP.

vulpixel

02-20-2011

For CDR I go 15 from runes/masteries, 15 from boots, and 10 from codex (just stop there). Mpen from haunting guise with runes gets you 30. Tear for mana and deathcap FTW.

Cenerae

02-20-2011

The only high ranked Lux player I know is Roku. He's got a few of his games up here: http://www.own3d.tv/Rokudan

Roku typically builds sorc shoes, mejai, deathcap, DFG.

MrMellow3

02-20-2011

I never like getting DFG because I'm too forgetful and would never use it during a fight. Otherwise I really like it. Normally I build Lucidity, Mejai's, Morello's, Deathcap, then whatever else the game calls for. I OOM pretty fast with this but it's amazing AP (usually get around 10-15 stacks and I hit 600-650).

I'll check out Roku though. Good to see at least someone playing her high ranked.