What's wrong w/ Champion lvling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

08-20-2009

I just finished a game where my team mate was laning against someone and harassed him enough that the other player had to go back and on return killed him. He had pots so he never went back. Then I tabbed to see the other team's items and saw that the other player (0-1-0) was a level higher than my teammate (1-0-0).

If it's all about lanes, then why aren't towers set to soak xp so when people push their opponents to their towers and pin them there they will slowly out-level them?

Pandemic Smiles

08-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4zD View Post
I just finished a game where my team mate was laning against someone and harassed him enough that the other player had to go back and on return killed him. He had pots so he never went back. Then I tabbed to see the other team's items and saw that the other player (0-1-0) was a level higher than my teammate (1-0-0).

If it's all about lanes, then why aren't towers set to soak xp so when people push their opponents to their towers and pin them there they will slowly out-level them?
What point of the game was this (what level were these two players)? How well was your teammate actually playing?

Lasthitting gives double the XP. Hypothetically: If the enemy was lasthitting all the time and your teammate wasn't, the enemy would have twice as much XP as your teammate.

You said your teammate was harrassing his enemy a lot. Maybe the enemy was focusing on lasthitting (taking some hits in the meantime) while your teammate was spending far too much time focusing on said enemy and not doing enough lasthitting. If he was Chronokeeper, he would've had a hard time lasthitting because of Chronokeeper's slow projectile speed.

This is another situation where you haven't collected enough data, and probably "that guy just sucks at levelling" is either a complete explanation or at least a significant part of it.

Bianary

08-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axidos View Post
On the contrary, last hitting appears to double the XP gained.
I have tested in the past, last hitting does nothing to xp earned.

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

08-20-2009

He killed him about 5 minutes into the game. He was lvl 2 and Teemo was lvl 3, I believe. It could have been 3 and 4.

It wasn't so much about poor laning as the fact that he basically ran him off when the game started and killed him on return. Or maybe that is poor laning? That would be weird because it seems that is the ideal thing to do so long as the game doesn't devolve into pure killing. My teammate is pretty damn good, but he does prioritize killing over laning. I don't know if everyone sees that as a bad thing :\

When we play with 3 other aggressive players we gank and push. But one misstep and the other team is right back in the action with a ton of gold. We're all running around with 8-12 kills, 1-2 deaths (if any), and tons of assists [well, personally, I'm often sitting at 0-1/5/4 :P) but here comes the other team with nary a kill and they're the same level or sometimes higher (!?) by a level and not a very capable team at all.

Otherwise the answer seems to be to nearly ignore the other team players if anyone is in sight of a tower and just attack the buildings, which becomes pretty stale after a while. When we play other coordinated teams (I dunno their skill level, but check this out...) and they appear to be a good team, the game pace is extremely rapid and everyone is having a good time because each team is complimenting each other on a good gank, great shot, so close, etc. Now how often do those kinds of comments flow across all chat?

5 people gank and push a tower, then pill back and defend. Group up and push a lane together. These are the kinds of tactics I feel should be rewarded...not the every person to a lane and plinking at the towers until you find someone left one alone or dies.

Games are lasting about 25 minutes, which seems about perfect when they're full of action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmeg View Post
Does last hitting give you more exp?

But I also heard that this game uses diminishing returns...so what that means is that the more times you kill heroes, the less exp. you get from them. Can someone confirm if this is true or not? Please be someone who actually knows.
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=3503

Pandemic Smiles

08-21-2009

Alright BL4zD that's pretty convincing then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
I have tested in the past, last hitting does nothing to xp earned.
And I played a couple of games the other day in which I would variously get +38xp or +76xp at a particular stage. The +76xp occurred when I killed a creep without any help from my allied creeps, or when I clearly got the last hit on one.

Unless I'm making an incorrect connection here, times have changed and last hitting does indeed double XP earned. I'll admit I wasn't vigorously testing, just noticing those numbers as I otherwise played a normal game.

Emrot

08-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axidos View Post
And I played a couple of games the other day in which I would variously get +38xp or +76xp at a particular stage. The +76xp occurred when I killed a creep without any help from my allied creeps, or when I clearly got the last hit on one.
I've never seen last hitting give more experience, so I think there's something more to it.

Was another champion present when you got the lower amount of XP?