Most recent Sion AP guide?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grooms

02-20-2011

Hi
Which one should I read, counting with the new item changes?

Br
Groom

StrategyBane

02-20-2011

Easy, build yourself a sheen, and sorc boots early. Get a radbadon's death cap, and then a lichbane. Next you can go ahead and grab yourself some CDR to spam your skills more. I reccomend Nashor's tooth, because the extra aspd works well with your ult to keep your hp somewhat up.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

I think sheen kind of sucks. If you stun often, you are OOM often. Most of the time you charge up shield and they run off. If you can hit em with shield great. If not, you freefarm.

Sheen boosts your melee, but only your base dmg, not enrage boost, and only once. You cant really chain your abilities and get multiple sheen procs like some champs. The only way you ever melee an enemy champ is if you stun them. But you always prime the shield before going in, so you never get a double sheen except by using your Ult which is more of a heal-me-up abilities.

I prefer a few Dorans Rings to get some mana regen, AP, and even more toughness. You especially want mana regen. Fiendish codex is a pretty good way to get mana regen, AP, and now it upgrades to the book if you didnt want deathfire later.

Then, a Deathcap to massively boost AP is the way to go. Now you can nuke entire creep waves in 1 hit.

You can decide if you want an extra nuke from Lichbane or from Deathfire grasp, depending on the situation. You might even want both.

Sion is a BEAST during early laning so you want to fully take advantage. Make sure you have a way to regen your mana decently. I like the early Dorans as your shield protects you pretty well, but you will need more than that to stay viable in the lane as costs increase.

StrategyBane

02-21-2011

Sheen is amazing on AP sion EVERYONE agrees.
If they run off when they see your shield your playing it wrong..

You charge up shield in the bush run out, stun, auto attack to proc sheen/lich, shield burst, and then ult to attack them down while tower diving.
In team fights you want to use your shield after they use up their nukes and interrupts, stun their dps and burst them down with shield, pop ult and heal up your team a bit. Sion excels at clashes because he hits like a truck every CD.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2011

Obviously you use the bushes to your advantage but stunning costs 100 mana. More than 1 stun in the first few minutes = OOM and thus NO threat whatsoever. You want to Shield every single creepwave for maximum farm and driving baddies off. You simply cant stun every time you bring shield up.

In the scenario given, Sheen proc added what? 70 damage to your combo? minus their armor mitigation since you have NO APen at all. That is not terrible, but hardly "amazing" either.

In its favor, Sheen does add modest AP and a fatter mana pool is certainly appreciated, though you still suffer heavily from lack of mana regen. You are also paying 1300 gold for 1000 gold worth of stats, plus the Proc.

Compared to say... Fiendish codex which gives you 1500 gold worth of goodies for 1250 gold.

Plus if you go Sheen, you start with a Sapphire Crystal which is 200 extra mana, OR a tome for +20 AP to avoid delays. I prefer the Dorans Ring since it adds 60mana per minute regen, 100 health for more bulk, and 15 AP all in 1.

Sheen isnt a terrible choice, but I still dont see it as a must have 1st item.

Prometheius

02-21-2011

You need to read a guide? The recommended items are already good. Just the boots change. That's about it.