Ghost vs. Boost for General Survivability

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpb

08-18-2009

Personally, I find both boost and ghost to be more combat skills that help you win fights as opposed to defensive skills that help you escape fights. I honestly think teleport and clairvoiance are more likely to save you than ghost, boost, and flash.

Jpeg

08-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 765Immortal View Post
Ok, I understand your argument jpg420. But, since we only have blind pick mode, it's kind of hard to choose wisely. Having said that, I've been trying to find 2 Summoner Spells that work well against any team make-up. So far, Clair and Ghost have been working for me. I want Clair for team support aspect and Ghost for self-support, escape, chasing, etc. I could go Boost and Ghost, but that would be overkill, as far as I'm concerned, in any situation.

I think it's not a matter of your opponent, but a matter of your play style/champion. i've escaped warrick b4 with ghost as long as you have a few extra HP

If your a tank/support and going to be in the frey then i'd go with boost.

if your going to be pushing, or just farming solo then with map good awareness ghost will allow you to avoid just about any gank.

in addition to that i think good CV placement can do that just as well. you might wanna consider if you already take CV take teleport. no reason to run if you see them comming. just tele to the opposite lane.

Floatzel

08-18-2009

well, boost might be even worse now due to no spell shield.

Vorador

The Council

08-19-2009

i've gotten away from some crazy **** with my boost / flash setup....

Vorador

The Council

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatzel View Post
well, boost might be even worse now due to no spell shield.
boost getting nerfed today or something?? are there patchnotes out i didn't see?

bdschuss

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorador View Post
boost getting nerfed today or something?? are there patchnotes out i didn't see?
Yes its changing to only removing all movement impairing/stuns etc not block a spell afterwards. Name changed to cleanse. Cooldown lowered to 120s.

Only partial patchnotes out by Zileas yesterday.

Slīck

08-19-2009

They are nerfing and changing boost so ghost may be an even better alternative in the future. If my team has clairvoyance users, I will take ghost because I can see my enemies coming. If they don't have clairvoyance, I take boost for surprises. It was nice to see boost eat up nukes that could take out half my health. I often use it pre-emptively.

Flawliss

08-10-2011

Yes indeed