How to Build Shen 3v3 Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyeri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

I've played enough games with shen to use him effectivly but I'm reading 30 different guides that say different things. Some Say max Q for harrassment laning phase, Get taunt 1 time, and Max Feint, others say Max Q and Taunt, and forget feint, Others say Taunt, Feint, forget Q. Item's are pretty straight foward but for a team effective 3v3 tank shen, what do you feel are the most nessisary spells? And for runes? Some people say cool down blues, magic res blues, armor/magic pent red or magic res red, some say energy yellow or energy quints instead of flat health. Thoughts? Opinions?

Ventus72

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

Your going to want to max your Q and W if your laning is very offensive. You Q a minion, hit it a bit, and heal. W to block those pesky harassing spells. If you want to be full tank super Shen I'd recommend maxing your W and E soon. But remember, your passive and your Q are the only ways you're going to be putting out damage.

Hyeri

02-20-2011

Guess depends how I want to play him. What about for energy runes? Are they worth it or stick to survability. Are cooldowns nessisary or not really?

mr maiii

Recruiter

02-20-2011

Shen is terrible in 3v3 because everyone you're shielding should already be a tanky DPS/caster.

Hyeri

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSwagBeast View Post
Shen is terrible in 3v3 because everyone you're shielding should already be a tanky DPS/caster.
Going to have to disagree, although yes tanky people do well in 3v3, you still need good damage output combined with a solid tank to soak up damage. Pair up shen with people like Trynd, and you have a effective tank. Try can survive on his own, deal heavy damage, control the jungle, while shen backs him up

ComradeHX

02-20-2011

I max Vorpal Blade and Taunt in conjunction, while leaving feint at lv2(could have just not take feint but lv2 feint is pretty useful to tanking tower shots).

In TT you need damage and less tanking because there will not be five, but three enemies focusing on one ally if they ever do, so your responsibilities as a tank is lessened somewhat.

I do not find energy runes very useful because I needed CDR for blue.