Pantheon: Unstoppable AND sucks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ziggycuff

02-20-2011

Okay well, I'm a little confused here. Very recently, out of the blue, i decided "Hey, ill buy pantheon for no reason" however, whether or not i could say it was worth it, depends heavily on the answer to the question I'm about to ask.

So, I played around 10 games with pantheon so far. And the outcome of the games? I either tear everything up, or lag far behind and end up with a negative K/D. And I don't know why. I build him exactly the same way every time, with mostly the same heroes every time (I play with a group of friends) and I just don't get why this is happening.

One game I'm 36 - 4 and the next I'm 5 - 13. Is pantheon known for these kinds of scores? or do I play bad every other game? And if he is known for that, why?

Here is what I know so far. My skill has nothing to do with this. its just, sometimes I get very far ahead and just kill everything, and other times, im just incapable of dealing any damage, because I'm 4 levels below there average champ level. However, I cant find the cause of this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

SandmanOfTheTram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

The problem with panth is that once he has used his stun he is a sitting duck. A smart opponent will see you stun one of his teammates and smash you. I have experienced the same sort of gg/bg while playing pantheon and I tend to think that the bg are ones where my opponents understand how vulnerable I am after using my stun and take advantage.
My only suggestion is to understand this limitation and take it into account as you play panth. Also... Wards.

TheSex

02-20-2011

Well, it all depends on what heroes your going AGAINST. So you may have to change your build up a bit to get that one defensive item to keep you alive in a team fight, or that one item to shut down one of their carries.

Nagina

02-20-2011

I've played less than 10 games with Pantheon but I initially thought he was ridiculously easy to rape faces with. Then, as you described, with a different opponent team makeup I found myself lagging behind and getting owned. He was tons of fun when I could do well, but horrible when it was a bad game. More experienced and skilled players probably could be more consistent.

Icarus Penna

02-20-2011

You build glass cannon Panth?

Shaleros

02-20-2011

Unfortunately, most people go GC Pantheon. I too happen to go that way but if you put in a HP item like Phage, for example, you will notice that the extra 200 HP with a possible slow will go a long way. Not only does Pantheon have a great Ranged ability but all his abilities except for his Ultimate are AD based. So AD items are perfect for him. With that in mind though, you will notice that if you don't get fed early game, you will start lagging score-wise end game. So last hitting minions for cash and throwing your spear to last hit is also important. But back to the topic, I do notice that he is either hit or miss during games.

Ziggycuff

02-20-2011

Thanks for the suggestions, I did build him GC but I usually prevent myself from getting in bad situations (I am the heavy ganker on my team) but the early game thing makes sense, thanks for the suggestions, and yeah, it was worth it, panth is fun regardless.

ChaoticOrder

02-20-2011

If you get Defensive Masteries and some Dodge Seals and Magic Res/ Lvl Glyphs I find I dont' die as Panth to much if at all. Like most I play panth GC but if you get your masteries and runes to counter how breakable he is then he tends to live just long enough to get a double kill in.
I find SotO works well on him because if they die first you have no problem. It's all about picking your moment to stun and hss.
Sinced they changed the way your team sees your ultimate coming in I've noticed I don't have to worry about jumping in at the exact time my team needs anymore because they see me coming all the faster and keep the enemy in range long enough for my to land and stun/hss/spear.
Harras with spear and keep the amount of dmg you can deal to heros in mind.

Oh and Cleanse for those people CCing you after your stun. That summoner spell has saved my SotO stacks more times then I can count.

Carados

02-20-2011

Panth was okay last patch, he's pretty **** this patch as his E just says "Your attack speed is now 1.6."

DoenVayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

my younger bro has been playing Panth in just about every match we run together, and he has the same problem.

It really comes down to the team and team composition. Panth really shines with another CC. I know he's supposed to BE a CC, but as the others have said, once he jumps, he's flapping in the breeze. So, when he gets paired in lane with me, as Rammus, it's a rape-show, because he jumps in, I pop taunt and the guy gets burned. Panth is like a horny teenager. He is hot and ready, but once he jumps in the sack, he blows his load and is done. Jump->Hop->Spear->Jav. If the enemy doesn't die, he's as good as dead. If you have a combo buddy who can keep him off for just a split second longer, that means he can get out and is safe.

TL;DR Panth is a combo-creature, both in lane and attack. You need to pair him with someone who can save his ass. If him and his lane-mate don't synergize, he's a sitting duck.