Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Udyr V Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keisori

02-20-2011

Who is a better champion for jungling/ganking/all around in ranked games? They both seem to have their own pluses...but it seems Udyr has the most, unless I'm mistaken, like his chasing and jungling abilities

TL Frolo

02-20-2011

shaco is better for solo queue

TheSex

02-20-2011

Udyr in my opinion is a real beast(no pun intended) when farmed. Where Shaco is more of an assassin with his stealth move. Get in, get the kill/assist, stealth the hell away. Where Udyr can run the risk of being caught in some CC long enough for help to arrive and kill him, even with his bear form. They are both fun heroes though.

VII Syns

02-20-2011

In my experience, mastering Udyr is far more difficult than Shaco. Udyr has a far greater payoff, I think. Early game ganks are relatively easy, since he has movespeed and a stun, and my god, he's so tanky late-game if built 'properly.'

Maxmatical

02-20-2011

Udyr's a lot more helpful because he's a lot more versatile. Udyr, in addition to jungling, can push a lane, tank and fight in team fights while Shaco is only good at ganking.

IMO Shaco's good if you're trying to end the game early

Keisori

02-20-2011

Any one have a good build guide for Udyr then?

DoomManufact

Recruiter

02-20-2011

They're both viable in high elo play. Shaco is by far the better ganker, and he can pull off a ridiculously early lvl 2 or lvl 3 liz buff ganks (depending on if you think you need 2 shiv or not)

EDIT: with Udyr, usually you wanna either build madred's into wriggles or turn your first cloth armor directly into a heart of gold. You should really try to get early upgraded boots (usually mercs), because Udyr is all about getting close and staying close. Unless lanes are being really pushed or the enemy team has so many stuns and escapes that ganking or pressuring lanes is impossible, you definitely want to build boots 1 before finishing either madred's or HoG, and finish boots immediately after.

Honestly all udy needs is tank items. He needs to tank damage and stay alive so he can spam phoenix or tiger and cycle bear stuns

PaulTheOracle

02-20-2011

I don't play either but prefer to team with Udyr because in my experiences most Shaco players go off by themselves during teamfights and then rage at everyone else for dying in a 4v5.