Who to use?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artemesias

02-20-2011

Hey guys, I've been trying out so many champions, I've bought a bunch but I cant seem to find a champion I'm good at and get alot of complaints from people because of my failures. So far the ones I have tried: Amumu - didnt like, Annie - was ok, Ashe - didnt like, Blitzcrank - was ok with it and he's kind of cool but nah, Corki - was cool but not for me, Evelynn - did ok some games others i was horrible, Fiddlesticks - easy to use but i dont like him too much, Gangplank - didn't like, Heimerdinger - is cool still not for me though, Karma - omg i so bad at using her its not even funny, Katarina - i like but i cant get her strong enough to have fun with no matter how many builds i try, Kayle - didnt like, Leblanc - didnt like, Malzahar - didn't like, Master Yi - was ok for awhile but got boring fast, Morgana - didnt like, Nunu - didn't like, Rammus - im not even romotely good with, Shen - i kinda like but he only has 1 damaging skill =(, Scion - didn't like, Sivir didn't like, Taric - didn't like, Tristana - didn't like, Tryndamere - didnt like, Twisted Fate - got old fast, Twitch - did amazing one game, after that every game i played with him i was horrible, and Veigar - im no good with.
As you can see i tried ALOT of champions. I don't really wanna spend too much more IP getting more champions, I want to start to save soon so that lvl 20+ i can get good runes. So any idea on who to try? Or maybe i just fail at this game?

Rajy

02-20-2011

IDK
You say you are no good with veigar. He is a hard one to learn... I have been learning him on my own without looking at guides so far and it seems like you need more than one point in his stun if you want meteor to hit, although im not sure. Super fun killing a champion with one rotation though. And seeing them type in something like "wow, how?" or "=O" is priceless haha.

Maybe you just need to try differant strats / builds? I absolutly hated playing sivir my first couple times i tried her but then i learned what abilities to get first etc and now she is one of my favorites (i do a weird tanky build with her).

Actualy, I think you would like xin zhao or jax..

Vincie

02-20-2011

Maybe Garen

Akl2iD

02-20-2011

Give Irelia a try u might like her

TheSex

02-20-2011

@Rajy - Maybe throw the meteor down then the aoe stun right afterward? I don't own veiger but that's my guess.

@Artem - You say Shen only has one damaging ability, well, that's 'cause he is a tank. :P Maybe try using Dr. Mundo. He's an easier hero that has a pretty good early game so you don't get too behind if you die a lot. I would also suggest playing custom games against players around your summoner lvl, or if you're almost 20 which it seems just join a "noobs" game and maybe explain "hey I'm still learning, I'm just a higher level" so maybe they don't kick you. I also can't play the same hero more than twice before I get bored with it. I like to switch it up.

Maxmatical

02-20-2011

Kat's pretty killer, read up a few guides on her and roll faces

llimey

02-20-2011

Go Gragas or go home. Gragas is the only champ for you my man. Donkey Kong your way to success!

Narvuntien

02-20-2011

If you liked Kat try Akali, she is kind of similar but is more than a one trick pony that Kat is with her Ulti.

Another champ that is super fun but tough to use is Poppy.... so much tower diving health erasing hi jinx.

The other characters I think are fun are Lux but she is kind of like a longer range Morgana with a kick arse laser... it really depends on why you didn't like Morgana.

Swain rocks but is 6300.... what's not to love about a demonic life stealing raven?

Weaj

02-20-2011

Okay so I have found that the easiest, best scaler, and least required items is xin. If you want less ease, more fun and wiggle room, try nidalee. Both of their damages scale SO well. Xin is a monster. His Q boosts his atk to mid game level damage when he is level 1, his E is an amazing initiator, and his W makes it seem like his ult has no CD. Not to mention the devastating effects of his item spells. I reccommend getting gunblade, sword of the divine, boots, and a dorans blade. Once you have these items, (and they will come quick) assuming you are not underlevel, your damage will be remarkable.

Perhaps it is your playstyle and not your champion that is the issue. Are you trying to get first blood? I dont like the word feed, but do you get underleveled often? Sometimes I find that picking a champion to suit my team actually helps me out more, because champions actually synergize. Also, concentrate on last hitting often, and achieving a higher level than your lane enemies. Look at the minimap, whenever you are standing still (Also press tab to check who is visible on the map).

Just a few tips, along with a STRONG recommenation to try Xin. Add Weaj on lol if you want a demo of any champs, I have them all and am very capable

Joffer

02-20-2011

Jax. Easy character, great damage output, easy to build.